• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Part Of Delta Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to Comair union leadership, there will be no pilot furloughs, per the new language resulting from the LOA. Remember that even though the aircraft have to be on Comair property, they also have to be staffed to minimum levels.

IHaveAPension said:
So much for Comair's pay freeze for growth! What a bunch of suckers! How the mighty have fallen!

We saved 153 Pilot Jobs when that LOA was signed. I agree there is no growth in the near future, but this will all work itself out. In the meantime, 153 people off the street is actually a good job by the Comair pilot group from the LOA.

DDpaysoff said:
We saved 153 Pilot Jobs when that LOA was signed. I agree there is no growth in the near future, but this will all work itself out. In the meantime, 153 people off the street is actually a good job by the Comair pilot group from the LOA.

Good point. LOA saved pilots jobs today, plus the unknown number had we not signed and all 70's were transferred to ASA/Skywest. Think they would have refused them?

bvt1151 said:
Good point. LOA saved pilots jobs today, plus the unknown number had we not signed and all 70's were transferred to ASA/Skywest. Think they would have refused them?

Revisionist history, eh. Thank god you now have an excuse to hide behind for you concessions for "growth" vote.

Fast Freddie's had a master plan for you from day one. You don't actually think this is the first he has heard of what was in the works for CVG, do you???

Lets see what has ALPA done for any airline this year or the last few years//// Have they required to see a business plan for all these airlines after we take paycuts how are we going to make money///NO they did not and the airlines do not have a business plan...?? JUST TAKE PAY CUTS...oh we have done that--now what...??? THese are questions I would ask...??

Lets see the Delta pilots need to look at the industry again and stop acting like they are all that...because you are NOT--sorry I know the military told you, that crap and you bought it...FIrst thing never listen to the government that was your first mistake...Remember when Delta wanted 777 and the pilots were like we need 300 hour for those so what did DL do--he11 we will not order them then...NICE JOB!!! Lets fly to HOng Kong--oh no we cant--Lets fly to Tokyo--oh no we cant lets fly to beijing-- oh no we cant--WHY we don't have the a/c to do it...SMART.......Its called Placing yourself out of work---WAKE UP

CAL thanks you guys I am sure they got all those routes...with their 20 777's

scarlet said:
Lets see what has ALPA done for any airline this year or the last few years//// Have they required to see a business plan for all these airlines after we take paycuts how are we going to make money///NO they did not and the airlines do not have a business plan...?? JUST TAKE PAY CUTS...oh we have done that--now what...??? THese are questions I would ask...??

Lets see the Delta pilots need to look at the industry again and stop acting like they are all that...because you are NOT--sorry I know the military told you, that crap and you bought it...FIrst thing never listen to the government that was your first mistake...Remember when Delta wanted 777 and the pilots were like we need 300 hour for those so what did DL do--he11 we will not order them then...NICE JOB!!! Lets fly to HOng Kong--oh no we cant--Lets fly to Tokyo--oh no we cant lets fly to beijing-- oh no we cant--WHY we don't have the a/c to do it...SMART.......Its called Placing yourself out of work---WAKE UP

CAL thanks you guys I am sure they got all those routes...with their 20 777's

Scarlet, have you been drinking???

Call it an excuse call it whatever you want, the fact is 153 jobs were saved by the LOA. I voted for it, the last few months I started thinking I did the wrong thing. Today, I know for sure the LOA is good becasue it saved jobs. Keeping those jobs maintains our unity and solidarity as a group, we will need that in the coming months.
This is the nature of the beast in the industry we work in. The LOA allowed us to hire 100 pilots and protect 153 jobs, that's 253 HR transactions for signing a piece of paper that still keeps us above most, if not all the rest of the industry payscale.
We may not get shiny new jets or any near term growth, but this is a savvy pilot group that will protect it's best interests till the end. They may very well come for more cuts, but don't expect the same result as the last LOA. Whether your #1 or #2000 on the seniority list this group will fight and claw to protect every job on the property. We may not win, but you can be sure we will fight. I'm proud of that.
This whole announcement is not a big deal. They'll probably come back next month and say, hey, we're going to add 30 more flights out of Boston. I've learned in this business don't get too high, don't get too low and you can have a long successful career.
The only thing it really tells me is Delta is not likely to sell us now. Those S2's and 3's mean a lot to me personally. If we have to suffer a bit to help mother D escape ch. 11 so be it. I'm sure when Delta does well again some day, being the only wholly owned carreier will be a good thing.

I am curious bucause I am low enough i might be gone, but it was my understanding that if the planes werent here in time the LOA would become void. Does that mean the furlough protection too?

WSurf said:
Rid the storm, you guys will get threw it...
Once Delta see's the crappy service of CHQ/Mesa you will look more and more appealing!!!

Yep...Delta just hates our crappy service. And Delta's passengers are gonna hate flying on our 170's. Terrible service.

How do you know anything about our service?

A$$

Latest resources

Back