• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair lay-offs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree there. The outsourcing of flying to low-wage affiliates is very advantageous to management. It's low cost. It divides the pilot group. It becomes a multi-fronted whipsaw. Groups begin to compete for flying.

There's no downside for management... until one of these 500 hour wondersticks puts one in the dirt. Until then, I don't see the direction changing. Senior pilots will never sacrifice retirement or base compensation in order to purchase job security for junior pilots.

BenderGonzales said:
There's no downside for management... until one of these 500 hour wondersticks puts one in the dirt.

Did you happan to notice how amazingly quiet they kept the unbridled incompetence of the Pinnacle flight ? Wonder why ? If that flight would've had just one paying passenger... Care to speculate where we'd be today ?

I think EMB has done a real good job of making their airplanes idiot proof. With the exception of the light switch (turn the strobes off guys…I can’t see!) I think the airplane does every thing for them.

That's professionalism

StaySeated said:
Hmm, I don't know maybe because we are professionals we should show up for work when we are scheduled to work. Maybe we missed a few people last year during christmas, we could always strive for perfection and strand another 30k trying to get home to see ma and pa. The job sucks, but you still shine your shoes and press your shirt and get the cheap bastards from a to b.

That's what I did right up to my furlough. It sucks to leave all that time, but if you call in it just hurts your fellow pilots. I finished my last trip fro AA (TWA LLC) Oct. 31st, turned in my stuff and commuted home to take the kids tick-or-treating. It was more of a trick than a treat for me.

It was funny there was really bad weather the last night of my flying, holding deverted for fuel and was the last plane to make it to HOU before a small tornado. The Marriott was a mess with stranded customers. I thought, all that performance with shinned shoes and a crisply pressed shirt and I was still gone the next day. I flew that last leg home with the high-speed below 10,000', turned in my stuff, the Captain bought me lunch before my commute and I was done. Sick time in tact.

At least I left with the pride that I did my job professionally and gave my best effort to the last day. Nobody can take that away from me, but it doesn't pay the bills!

Sorry, but i got to throw some gas on this one...

its all a big game and make no mis-STEAK(like last xmas, i missed my steak and had chinese food, not this xmas though) union or no union, ITS team you-know-who vs. everyone else, and sick time is a tool, and if you got some to use on xmas because last year your were watching Rudolf the RNR on the hotel tv on xmas eve, stranded because of some random computer F-up, followed by some egg foo young on xmas day, with the same crew instead of your hot girlfriend (i know your watching baby), then i say BANG RIGHT OUT, and have a nice HOT TADi, and some Cheesecake, with your feets up on the lazy boy @ home, because thats score one for you and less for the man.

Lets face it, if this applies to you, then NOW HEAR THIS, your career is tracking right along with this _hitty time in the airline industry, where this situation could happen every xmas, until this MGMT pukes figure out how to run an industry post de regulation, (its only been 27 years now dudes), in a way that if the service was priced for profit, there wouldn't be 4+ Majors in Ch 11!!!!!!!! and thats that.

Jeff Helgeson said:
That's what I did right up to my furlough. It sucks to leave all that time, but if you call in it just hurts your fellow pilots. I finished my last trip fro AA (TWA LLC) Oct. 31st, turned in my stuff and commuted home to take the kids tick-or-treating. It was more of a trick than a treat for me.

It was funny there was really bad weather the last night of my flying, holding deverted for fuel and was the last plane to make it to HOU before a small tornado. The Marriott was a mess with stranded customers. I thought, all that performance with shinned shoes and a crisply pressed shirt and I was still gone the next day. I flew that last leg home with the high-speed below 10,000', turned in my stuff, the Captain bought me lunch before my commute and I was done. Sick time in tact.

At least I left with the pride that I did my job professionally and gave my best effort to the last day. Nobody can take that away from me, but it doesn't pay the bills!

You Sir, deserve respect. Good luck to ya.

smarc130 said:
Sorry, but i got to throw some gas on this one...

its all a big game and make no mis-STEAK(like last xmas, i missed my steak and had chinese food, not this xmas though) union or no union, ITS team you-know-who vs. everyone else, and sick time is a tool, and if you got some to use on xmas because last year your were watching Rudolf the RNR on the hotel tv on xmas eve, stranded because of some random computer F-up, followed by some egg foo young on xmas day, with the same crew instead of your hot girlfriend (i know your watching baby), then i say BANG RIGHT OUT, and have a nice HOT TADi, and some Cheesecake, with your feets up on the lazy boy @ home, because thats score one for you and less for the man.

Lets face it, if this applies to you, then NOW HEAR THIS, your career is tracking right along with this _hitty time in the airline industry, where this situation could happen every xmas, until this MGMT pukes figure out how to run an industry post de regulation, (its only been 27 years now dudes), in a way that if the service was priced for profit, there wouldn't be 4+ Majors in Ch 11!!!!!!!! and thats that.

Dude, sorry if I read this message first, I wouldn't have just sent you my version of this msg to your ol'e-mail......but hey, I'll buy you a Tadi if you ever get your *ss out west......However I agree with your post hands down.......

Jeff Helgeson said:

This was real moving, I think I have a tear in my eye........NOT

After the TA with the pay Freeze, I seem to remember language that the freeze would go away with retro pay if the company's promise of more jets wasn't fulfilled. Has the Bankruptcy negated that? Or is that something the union will pursue?

HoursHore said:
After the TA with the pay Freeze, I seem to remember language that the freeze would go away with retro pay if the company's promise of more jets wasn't fulfilled. Has the Bankruptcy negated that? Or is that something the union will pursue?

Seeing that the company and the union are starting concessionary negotiations at the end of the month, I think that you can put that part of the TA in the "null and void" catagory.

Latest resources

Back