• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair lay-offs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would expect the demise of the L.O.A. (it's not a Tentative Agreement once it's been ratified) should be counted against a portion of the 19.3 million management is looking to extort from the pilot group.

As you noted, the L.O.A. requires to company to compensate pilots according to the old contract language, should the company fail to live up to it's obligation. I would expect the union to subtract the value (to the company) of the L.O.A. from that $19.3 million demand.

I seem to remember the L.O.A.'s cost to the pilot group being pegged at somewhere around $8 million. If that's correct, that puts the pilot group nearly half way towards meeting the $19.3 million demand...before touching any section of the remaining contract.

Just some thoughts...I see the L.O.A. as an integral part of the contract that has a definable value. If the aircraft don't come, or are parked...the company owes everyone a previously negotiated raise, unless through negotiations the union offers to give up the L.O.A. in exchange towards credit against the $19.3 million demand.

V-1,
I see your point, but I think what management wants management is going to get?

If what you say were true, wouldn't they just ask for $8mil + $19.3mil= 27.3 mil?

Jet

h25b said:
Did you happan to notice how amazingly quiet they kept the unbridled incompetence of the Pinnacle flight......

excellent choice of words! If I were that eloquent, dude, I'd be doing another career which actually PAYS!

However....ALPA says this is not true....the dudes were competent!!!

Four-One F*#ng OH!

Last edited:
A lot of competent high time pilots with experience find themsleves with no one aboard and end up horsing around too. You might say pilots will be pilots. I knew two guys who were repositioning for a 135 pax pickup at a local airport in a Lear 35, one which both have flown into hundreds of times and they crashed. The Capt. had 3500 hrs. and the F/O had 9,000. According to the NTSB report, they made some pretty sharp low altitude turns, hotdogging the airplane on a circling approach. Unfortunately, they lost control and both perished in the crash.

BenderGonzales said:
I agree there. The outsourcing of flying to low-wage affiliates is very advantageous to management. It's low cost. It divides the pilot group. It becomes a multi-fronted whipsaw. Groups begin to compete for flying.

There's no downside for management... until one of these 500 hour wondersticks puts one in the dirt. Until then, I don't see the direction changing. Senior pilots will never sacrifice retirement or base compensation in order to purchase job security for junior pilots.

BINGO!

There will never be pilot unity as long as the disparity between the top and the bottom is so large.

Chalk it up to the greedy bastrds who forged the first contracts.

Latest resources

Back