• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair lay-offs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your need for pay is more important than your other needs during the holidays. You do what is more important to you and I respect that. I'm sure you will respect the others who make a decision to take another course of action.

standaman said:
I can't even believe I am hearing this. People if you can't hold a holiday off because of your seniority then show up to work. I understand that everybody has a family and wants to be home but thats life. Everybody including myself on the bottom of the comair seniority knew what they were getting into when we signed up. No major growth has been in sight for some time know. We will work the holidays. For several years!!! If you can't get over that leave know and go to another airline were growth is good. Or leave the industy. This is not about the company turning it's back at all or any of that junk. It is about being on the bottom in a seniority based business. I could very well be furloughed close to the first of the year. This does not make me happy in any way. However, I will see everyone in the skies on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will continue to show up to work until they stop paying me. When they stop paying me I will not show up for work.

You tell them Stan!

Ya Boy, yehaw...

p.s. I will be holding xbox tournaments at my house on Jan 1st

Papa Woody said:
Dude....

You are a TOOL!

It's guys like you that allow management to get away with the crap they do.

It's one thing to have a professional attitude toward piloting the aircraft, your fellow crew, and toward the passengers, which I always demand from myself and those around me....

It's another thing to treat the bastards who are among the most cynical human beings on earth...corporate management.....like anything more than the scumbags they are.

Call in sick for Christmas!

Im sure you're really going to hurt managements feelings. They know you're as good as gone anyway. The people you're punishing are the passengers... as well hurting as the bottom line, which affects the recall of comair pilots. Go ahead, shoot yourself in the foot... thats always a good way to teach someone a lesson. If you don't want to work because you know you're going to be furloughed, why not quit and let someone who wants to work take your shift.

Hose said:
You tell them Stan!

Ya Boy, yehaw...

p.s. I will be holding xbox tournaments at my house on Jan 1st

Since I am pretty sure I will have nothing to do except stare at the wall. (Well maybe looking for a new job)

Consider it done.

I recommend Tiger Woods golf, I one spent 5 days (12 hrs/day) playing that game. What a great way to kill time.

I'm normally all for the "be professional and do your job" bit, but if the company was furloughing me one week later there's no way I would work Christmas Day.

This anger is expected. WE ARE GETTING SCREWED. pHRED IS A DELTA MGR. SENT HERE FOR A PURPOSE. One reason was to gut our contract. The other to get us sold, in that order. I certainly hope the love fest with this weasol is over.

I have been saying this all along.

The first thing he did was get the bases opened. That was because he knew what was going to happen when they went BK. He was directed to get em open. They had to open them because Dec 1 they are cutting all the off-peak and late nite flights out of CVG.
This is how they staged AC out to the East Coast.

DCI Numbers? They are literally put in our face every where we go. They have the flat screen monitors now in ops, the GO, EPIC, company news letter.
Our numbers are ALWAYS way higher that ASA. ....Who is getting AC and who is parking them?
These "performance numbers" don't mean a thing.

I would never suggest all two engine taxi and burn the APU like we used to but I would find it hard to argue if any one of our pilots said screw it.

THEY WILL PUT THE AC WHERE THEY WANT AND IT IS OBVIOUS OUR HARD WORK TO IMPROVE OUR NUMBERS AND SAVE FUEL DON'T MEAN A THING TO THES IDIOT MANAGERS.

NYCPilot said:
With all of these furloughs occuring at the regional level, how will this impact the hiring over the next couple of years. Will they likely be calling pilots back by mid 2006 or will this scale-back be on for a while.

The other regionals that aren't furloughing, have they stopped hiring. If they haven't, will preference be given to furloughed pilots.

Where is all this flying going. I thought when the mainlines cut back, the regionals could flourish by picking up these routes.

I'll be more competitive early next year, but it seems like there won't be any jobs for a while.

Any forecasters?

To answer your question, hiring will most likely be stopping/slowing at all of them until all of the 50 seater cutbacks are over and things shake out. It's all going to depend on how much scope relief happens throughout all of the various court procedings. The days of wholly owned regional carriers are coming to an end people. The only thing keeping those few remaining is that there are no buyers.

The mainline carriers are finally figuring out that it's cheaper to carry more people on bigger plane which is why they are parking 50 seaters, trying to increase 70-90 seaters, and a few are even taking a second look at the Q400 turboprop.

As for preference to furloughed pilots, I doubt it... Ashamed to admit it but they like hiring young, low experience because they tend to fly for nothing and contribute to a divided workforce...

Last edited:
lol...scope relief. That's a funny term when the vast majority of domestic narrowbody flying has been outsourced.

What else would you folks like relief on? ;)

BenderGonzales said:
lol...scope relief. That's a funny term when the vast majority of domestic narrowbody flying has been outsourced.

What else would you folks like relief on? ;)

I agree, that's what makes it so sad... But given the choice I'll bet that management would rather see the EMB-190 at Chautauqua than DAL/NWA... They (NWA and DAL) are going to make a run through bankruptcy for all it's worth. I'm not sure what limits there are on 70 seat flying ??? The Delta and NWA court proceedings are going to REALLY hurt. :blush:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back