Comair jumpseat this morning DCA-JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got denied by skywest in SLC for not having a uniform on a few years ago

SLC goes by the book. They even check for your ID on the non secure side when you just came from a secure side. It is UTAH though give them a break.

My fellow airmen.... I didn't write this to praise the infamous quirks of AA jumpseating, but rather to inquire as to whether the uniform was now a new change on Comair/Delta Connection. Believe me, I'd be right there with you guys in bitching about AA jumpseating - I've been there as an employee! Happens to us too. In the end I am always grateful for any ride. I suspect the agent was mistaken but wanted to make sure.

My fellow airmen.... I didn't write this to praise the infamous quirks of AA jumpseating, but rather to inquire as to whether the uniform was now a new change on Comair/Delta Connection. Believe me, I'd be right there with you guys in bitching about AA jumpseating - I've been there as an employee! Happens to us too. In the end I am always grateful for any ride. I suspect the agent was mistaken but wanted to make sure.

This is a shame really. We have ALL had a problem j/s because of gate agents, yet this crap still continues to happen. You can't tell me a gate agent is smarter than a pilot. Let's start making sure we check the boarding area to make sure everyone that is eligible gets on board if there is room and no restrictions. AA has been good to me, with the occasional bitchy woman trying to flex her "power" a little.

OK, get this.... JFK gate agent tells my girlfriend that she doesn't have time to get her on the flight. She tells the gate agent, but I am POSITIVE SPACE, I am not non-rev I am Dead Heading back to base POS SPACE. Gate Agent says "sorry, but we don't have to get POS SPACEs on either if we don't have time. She had been sitting at the gate for over 45 min - not like she ran up at the last minute.

As a Comair employee I'm sorry this happened. The uniform is not required to jumpseat on us. The official dress code requirement is business casual and no denim...but I have seen guys get on with jeans before. The CA should be the one enforcing the dress code, not the gate agent.

The Delta agents work 7 different regional carriers in addition to mainline, pretty tough for them to keep everyone procedures straight...they should be instructed to always defer to the flight crew.

I agree with punitive measures for gate agents (I know most of us fear pissing one off as they can get you in deep crap with the pass department). I just commuted home and the gate agent was clearing OAL jumpseater into seats before non-revs, and I was in unifrom. Luckily there were enough seats or I'm not sure how I would have went about about handling it.

Last edited:
Comair crews have always been nothing short of awesome, so I have no gripes whatsoever... appears to be one of those cases of clueless agents.

I heard my local DCI station telling a DAL guy he couldn't jumpseat because he wasn't in uniform. The flight was on my airline so I took out the FOM and showed the station manager they dress guidelines clearly stating "business casual". I think getting supervisors involved is absolutely a necessity in these cases.

Latest resources

Back