comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thebest said:
You got it right Mary, I am the best! You just sit you're sweet little A$$ down and watch it all happen! The Best....say hello to my new biatch---->chperplt

Now that is one of the best comebacks I think I have every seen. Get a life dude

You got it right Mary, I am the best! You just sit you're sweet little A$$ down and watch it all happen! The Best....say hello to my new biatch---->chperplt

LOL... This guys great.. Should be in the comedy store!

Texx said:
The position that CMR took was that if they were to hire these said DAL pilots that when they were recalled it would have caused a shortage of pilots at CMR and increased training costs. What I know is what your JC was speaking.

Wrong again, Texx. The issue was with resigning seniority. Comair's policy has always been that pilots must give up their number at their current employer prior to being offered a job at Comair. I had to do it, as did the other 1800 pilots here. That created heartburn with some of the Delta boys, as they felt as though they were for some reason above having to do that. Comair, Inc. was simply enforcing Comair policy. Quit blaming JC, the RJDC, and the "unruly" Comair pilot group, because you [and so many others] are barking up the wrong tree. The pilot shortages you speak of would have been a secondary consequence had they not been required to give up their seniority, and Comair, Inc. was smart enough to recognize that. It's not rocket science.....

Last edited:
I know at least 10 pilots maybe more that have been at Comair for 2-3 years now that got hired at comair while being furloughed from another 121 carrier and they never gave up thier seniority with the other carrier and now some of those pilots are getting recalled and leaving comair to go back to the airline that furloughed them. Comair has a weak policy in regards to making you to resign seniority if you are furloughed from another carrier, some weeks they enforce it, some weeks they dont. my advice dont do anything until they say to. makes no sense that comair hires way overqualified pilots that leave with in 6 months to go to SWA, FEDEX, but they dont want a guy to fly at comair for 3 years who is furloughed and then leave to go back to the job they wanted.

Last edited:
Not that I had any intention of going to back to my previous carrier, but I was asked during the 1st day of company orientation to give them a copy of the letter.

The HR lady at the time said they would be sending it to the previous company to make sure they had a copy.

Its up to your previous company if they want to listen to the letter or not. If your old company calls you up and asks if you want to return, than Comair can't stop it no matter what. The pilot just quits and goes back. SO DELTA if your HR Calls you than it doesn't matter.

JI Gone OH said:
Wrong again, Texx. The issue was with resigning seniority. Comair's policy has always been that pilots must give up their number at their current employer prior to being offered a job at Comair. ...

Was that a policy supported by the CMR MEC?

If so what was the CMR MEC's justification for supporting a policy that would deny fellow ALPA pilots recall rights?

What is the current CMR MEC position on this matter? Has it changed and if so, when?

Here's a nostalgic post/response on the subject:

12-06-2002, 16:00 #1

snowback

DAL MEC meets Comair MEC

From a recent DALPA Code-a phone message

Item two. At its October meeting, the (Delta) MEC passed a resolution directing the MEC Chairman to meet with the Comair MEC to pursue a reciprocal preferential hiring policy for furloughed Delta pilots at Comair and for Comair pilots at Delta. This week, MEC Chairman Capt. Will Buergey met with the Comair MEC Chairman in Cincinnati to discuss this issue further. The Comair MEC Chairman stated that his MEC administration does not support the hiring of furloughed Delta pilots at Comair. ASA management, at the ASA MEC’s request, has already hired furloughed Delta pilots, who start at the bottom of the airline’s seniority list and retain their recall rights at Delta.

12-06-2002, 16:13 #2

ACE

It's not going to happen. Comair management and the Comair pilot group do not want the Delta pilots to come over and work with us. The only way it could happen is if Delta management says too take the Delta pilots. The Comair pilots are ready to cause chaos if we are made to do this against our will. I do not want to see any Delta pilot furloughed, but for them to come to Comair is a conflict of interest. For all you Delta pilots, you guys can call me an ass all you want for saying this, but it is fact.

Last edited:
FDJ2 said:
The Comair MEC Chairman stated that his MEC administration does not support the hiring of furloughed Delta pilots at Comair. ASA management, at the ASA MEC’s request, has already hired furloughed Delta pilots, who start at the bottom of the airline’s seniority list and retain their recall rights at Delta.

12-06-2002, 16:13 #2

ACE

It's not going to happen. Comair management and the Comair pilot group do not want the Delta pilots to come over and work with us. The only way it could happen is if Delta management says too take the Delta pilots. The Comair pilots are ready to cause chaos if we are made to do this against our will. I do not want to see any Delta pilot furloughed, but for them to come to Comair is a conflict of interest. For all you Delta pilots, you guys can call me an ass all you want for saying this, but it is fact.

Thank you for the post.

Latest resources

Back