comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 said:
Was that a policy supported by the CMR MEC?

The CMR MEC doesn't create, enforce, or institute Comair, INC. policy. Never has, and never will. FDJ2, if you really want to work here that bad, PM me your stuff and I'll get it in the right hands for consideration. ;-)

JI Gone OH said:
The CMR MEC doesn't create, enforce, or institute Comair, INC. policy. Never has, and never will.

Nice job of dodging the questions. Try answering them next time.

If so what was the CMR MEC's justification for supporting a policy that would deny fellow ALPA pilots recall rights?

What is the current CMR MEC position on this matter? Has it changed and if so, when?

I believe that it was our MEC's "policy" for what it's worth that we "agreed" with managements policy of requiring one to give up one's seniority number upon hiring at Comair. I also believe that this was our MEC's "policy" due in part to the animosity between our MEC and DAL's MEC.

This has since changed. Our MEC drafted some sort of document (again, for what it's worth) encouraging our MGT to allow the hiring of DAL furloughees without resignation of their seniority number. Goodwill? Political? Whatever...it was done about 2 years or so ago.

So this "policy" has thus changed.

We've got many UAL, TWA, Airways pilots here. Whether our company or not has followed through on the "policy" of seniority resignation is not known but I can attest to the professionalism of flying with these people. They're great to fly with and I for one am glad they're here. I would also look forwared to flying with a DAL person.

:D

FDJ2 said:
Nice job of dodging the questions. Try answering them next time.

If so what was the CMR MEC's justification for supporting a policy that would deny fellow ALPA pilots recall rights?

What is the current CMR MEC position on this matter? Has it changed and if so, when?

I can't speak for the M.E.C. What I can tell you is that in spite of what your M.E.C. wants you to believe, a VAST majority of the pilot group here at Comair wants [and has since day 1] to bring on as many furloughed Delta pilots as we can. There are unquestionalbly a few here that don't share the same opinion as I do, and I continue to respect that.

Do I personally agree with Comair policy in that one must give up there seniority at their previous company? Not really, but I can't change it, and either can our M.E.C. You [and everyone else who is anti-Comair] need to quit blaming me, the CMR M.E.C., the RJDC, and this pilot group for Comair, Inc. enforcing Comair policy.

There you have it, and I only speak for myself. Now, where is your stuff? I hear we have a class we need to fill for later this month...

JI Gone OH said:
I can't speak for the M.E.C. What I can tell you is that in spite of what your M.E.C. wants you to believe, a VAST majority of the pilot group here at Comair wants [and has since day 1] to bring on as many furloughed Delta pilots as we can. There are unquestionalbly a few here that don't share the same opinion as I do, and I continue to respect that.

Do I personally agree with Comair policy in that one must give up there seniority at their previous company? Not really, but I can't change it, and either can our M.E.C. You [and everyone else who is anti-Comair] need to quit blaming me, the CMR M.E.C., the RJDC, and this pilot group for Comair, Inc. enforcing Comair policy.

There you have it, and I only speak for myself. Now, where is your stuff? I hear we have a class we need to fill for later this month...

Really? Well, those few guys are really making the rest of you look like chumps. That is not good for you as a group, or really individually. The ASA pilots didn't seem to mind and most also wanted to help, and their MEC leadership did not put up a big protest, or ASK for anything in return. That will be remembered most. They didn't throw up a road block. And, why would our MEC single out Comair and not ASA? Was there an agenda to only show Comair pilots in a bad light, and not the ASA guys? Sounds like maybe your guys were the "bad guys." Otherwise, both groups would have been labeled "mean people."

Bye bye--General Lee

I'm just curious as to who the guy was that said he was a Delta 737 FO that was in my new hire class. He must just be looking to stir the pot. Then again he was flying back and forth to his home on his Delta senority number. I must have just not understood him when he said that he was furloughed from Delta.

AAv8r said:
I must have just not understood him when he said that he was furloughed from Delta.

It's just so confusing isn't it. I mean there is no way we would have taken a furloughed Delta guy here, right, because eventually he is going to get called back and we will all be junior manned to pick up those extra hours until we can train his replacement.

Last edited:
Do the ASA pilots feel funny flying the GE jets they got in their place??

Um, no, my a$$ isn't sore from bending over either. BTW,I saw those fancy handprints on that -700 the other day. I guess thats where you put your hands when ole' Freddie showed up and bent you over.

I suspect the Comair pilots will take the silly insults a little more serious when some of the big talkers from other airlines grow a set and stand up to their own management.

180 said:
Um, no, my a$$ isn't sore from bending over either. BTW,I saw those fancy handprints on that -700 the other day. I guess thats where you put your hands when ole' Freddie showed up and bent you over.

I don't think Fred is bending over the CMR pilots anymore than Skip is bending your pilot groups happy ass over.

How long ago were you looking to get a new contract? Don't blame the CMR group for taking care of themselves. They held out as long as they could for you guys to get your contract done in the hopes that they wouldn't have to take a freeze.

If anyone has failed anyone, it is the ASA pilots who failed the CMR pilots. You guys failed to get your contract done and now you blame CMR instead of yourselves...or heaven sakes your management team.

Latest resources

Back