• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm started to get a little annoyed at those people who think that Comair has not hired any Delta furloughees, which is not true at all. I recently spoke to a HR representative who has indicated that we have actually lately hired quite a few. We may not have done it as quickly as some would have liked. But it has been done...this point needs to be dropped!

PHX-AV8OR said:
What don't I get, why wouldn't we get the 12??? We also lost 7 ATR's, we're in the negative...Comair's in the positive. We didn't agree to pay freezes for growth and we won awards for more airplanes (along with Skywest and CHQ) not Comair. I'm relaxed Thanks!

How about spreading the wealth alittle. It is my opinion that it is okay to give to all the DCI carriers. Else we get into an ugly bidding war. If we aren't doing that already.

Then why do all of the Delta boys say that you guys refused to hire them, secondly that your captains will never get a delta interview should they hire again. You guys might have a few of the Delta pilots over there but intially comair was going to make them resign their Delta number which was the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. You people think you're some big airline but in reality you're just another commuter/regional, just like the rest of us. Get over it.

brvopilot said:
I'm started to get a little annoyed at those people who think that Comair has not hired any Delta furloughees, which is not true at all. I recently spoke to a HR representative who has indicated that we have actually lately hired quite a few. We may not have done it as quickly as some would have liked. But it has been done...this point needs to be dropped!

JI Gone OH said:
That's funny, I just did some training with someone who claimed to be a furloughed Delta Pilot; he must have been a liar. Jacka**

I think it went this way... No we are not going to hire DAL furloughs.

Not until after DAL guys applied the heat, and JC was running around with his tail between his legs, did CMR start to pick up DAL guys.

Forgive me, for I don't post much on these boards anymore...probably due to the overabundance of these types of threads, but I have only one quick question, then I'll leave the children to fight some more...we all need to have lives outside our profession, after all.

Prior to the mess Delta has created for itself, had a Comair pilot been furloughed, would that Comair pilot have been offered a job flying for Delta? With or without the option to retain his/her seniority number?

Delta's ALPA leadership had the opportunity to support integration of the Comair/ASA/Delta seniority lists. ALPA apparently supports the idea that Delta, ASA, and Comair are seperate companies. If the union these pilot groups collectively support believes that ASA pilots, Delta pilots, and Comair pilots are seperate, why should pilots from these airlines direct their frustrations towards one another. It would seem their union leadership would be a more appropriate target.

All three companies involved, as well as the ALPA believe Delta, Comair and ASA are seperate companies. When a pilot leaves a company to pursue employment at another ALPA carrier, that pilot leaves with the understanding that they resign their seniority number. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Comair recently had a Captain whose resignation from the company was very publicly announced. The company, for some as yet unknown reason, placed that pilot back into the seniority liist. The union leadership is protesting this...supporting the basic premise that once a pilot resigns, should that pilot seek reemployment, that pilot should take their place at the bottom of the seniority list.

Sure the ASA union leadership has created some goodwill by "sucking up" to furloughed Delta pilots (who I wish the best for, though I'm sure they're all well-qualified to perform any number of jobs to support themselves and their families), but if Delta pilots believe they are not Comair pilots, or ASA pilots, why should Comair or ASA pilots believe they are Delta pilots? Those Comair and ASA pilots who tell people they fly for Delta are either doing it to avoid a long explanation of Delta's corporate structure, or they do it because the status they feel they derive from being a "Delta Pilot" balances other weaknesses in their personality.

Over the last four years, I can't recall a single Comair Captain who was hired by Delta anyway. I can't even remember hearing a single one say he/she was actively pursuing employment with Delta. All who have a desire to leave are pursuing better opportunities.

Carry on now, my union brothers. Best wishes for all of us while we're waiting for the dust to settle.

V-1 said:
Forgive me, for I don't post much on these boards anymore...probably due to the overabundance of these types of threads, but I have only one quick question, then I'll leave the children to fight some more...we all need to have lives outside our profession, after all.

Prior to the mess Delta has created for itself, had a Comair pilot been furloughed, would that Comair pilot have been offered a job flying for Delta? With or without the option to retain his/her seniority number?

Delta's ALPA leadership had the opportunity to support integration of the Comair/ASA/Delta seniority lists. ALPA apparently supports the idea that Delta, ASA, and Comair are seperate companies. If the union these pilot groups collectively support believes that ASA pilots, Delta pilots, and Comair pilots are seperate, why should pilots from these airlines direct their frustrations towards one another. It would seem their union leadership would be a more appropriate target.

All three companies involved, as well as the ALPA believe Delta, Comair and ASA are seperate companies. When a pilot leaves a company to pursue employment at another ALPA carrier, that pilot leaves with the understanding that they resign their seniority number. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Comair recently had a Captain whose resignation from the company was very publicly announced. The company, for some as yet unknown reason, placed that pilot back into the seniority liist. The union leadership is protesting this...supporting the basic premise that once a pilot resigns, should that pilot seek reemployment, that pilot should take their place at the bottom of the seniority list.

Sure the ASA union leadership has created some goodwill by "sucking up" to furloughed Delta pilots (who I wish the best for, though I'm sure they're all well-qualified to perform any number of jobs to support themselves and their families), but if Delta pilots believe they are not Comair pilots, or ASA pilots, why should Comair or ASA pilots believe they are Delta pilots? Those Comair and ASA pilots who tell people they fly for Delta are either doing it to avoid a long explanation of Delta's corporate structure, or they do it because the status they feel they derive from being a "Delta Pilot" balances other weaknesses in their personality.

Over the last four years, I can't recall a single Comair Captain who was hired by Delta anyway. I can't even remember hearing a single one say he/she was actively pursuing employment with Delta. All who have a desire to leave are pursuing better opportunities.

Carry on now, my union brothers. Best wishes for all of us while we're waiting for the dust to settle.

Not that I actually expect a response from the RJDC but we have been over this, let it die dude. Do you people take any opportunity possible to bring up RJDC issues with the PID in 2000? I have never met a bigger group of "Nepoleons" like the CMR pilots. You think you are so much bigger, better, and entitled to things that simply aren't yours. Grow up, you are a feeder carrier for Delta Air Lines, the quicker you come to grips with what you really are the happier you'll be in life.

And since you want to bring up issues of one carrier affecting another carrier, how about you guys taking a pay freeze for growth which not only impacted our (ASA) bargaining position but is now leading to assets being transferred from us to you to comply with your agreement. Yeah we are getting GECAS airplanes, but it isn't a 1 for 1 exchange and we have no spare airplanes as is. Thanks a bunch, can I sue you?

Take your argument elsewhere because you ahve no room to talk. The Delta pilots were looking out for their own in 2000 and the CMR pilots were looking out for their own in 2005.

Texx said:
I think it went this way... No we are not going to hire DAL furloughs.

Not until after DAL guys applied the heat, and JC was running around with his tail between his legs, did CMR start to pick up DAL guys.

You think wrong, Texx. First of all, saying that Comair wasn't going to hire DAL furloughs is absolute bullsh*t, but for some reason I think you already know that. No matter how many times you tell yourself that or type it on this board for everyone to see, the truth isn't going to change. Second, even if that were the case, the fact is we now have several Delta guys flying for us, it's great to have them on board, and therefore you, the general, and everyone else that like to rant on and on about how Comair won't hire furloughed Delta pilots really need to put a sock in it. Give it up already, would 'ya...

Last edited:
V-1 said:
1. Prior to the mess Delta has created for itself, had a Comair pilot been furloughed, would that Comair pilot have been offered a job flying for Delta? With or without the option to retain his/her seniority number?

2...When a pilot leaves a company to pursue employment at another ALPA carrier, that pilot leaves with the understanding that they resign their seniority number. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

3. Sure the ASA union leadership has created some goodwill by "sucking up" to furloughed Delta pilots ...

Ah, where should I begin.

1. DAL HR would make that call, not the DAL pilots. Now would DAL pilots have supported that move? As for the seniority number, once again HR.

2. Mute point that you have made. The DAL pilots did not "leave to pursue employment at another ALPA carrier." The DAL management furloughed them. So they did not have to give up their number.

3. "Sucking Up." The ASA management made a wise choice to interview and hire DAL furloughed pilots. Most of them were ex ASA pilots. The ASA MEC and most if not all the ASA pilots supported this decision by ASA management.

So I have a question for you. What caused or why did the DAL MEC secure a minimum of 25% of total DL flying for ASA and CMR? Could it have been from the relationship of JC and the CMR pilots? Or more likely that the ASA relationship, or as you have put it "sucking up", actually works?

If I were to guess you're still mad that DAL bought CMR. Well sit tight because you guys will be in the same boat as ASA. Yes the word out is that MESA is in the process of due diligence.

JI Gone OH said:
... First of all, saying that Comair wasn't going to hire DAL furloughs is absolute bullsh*t, but for some reason I think you already know that.

The position that CMR took was that if they were to hire these said DAL pilots that when they were recalled it would have caused a shortage of pilots at CMR and increased training costs. What I know is what your JC was speaking.

Latest resources

Back