comair growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plug said:
So the "I'm looking out for the best interest of CMR.." line is crap, you know and most others know it, the CMR MEC was trying to get something in return for their consent in hiring furloughs from the DAL MEC and the DAL MEC wouldn't play ball.

Yeah, for example they wanted to secure all growth within D.C.I. to the wholley-owned carriers, and that would have benefited YOU too! Bad CMR MEC, bad!! Wouldn't it have been great to keep the CHQ's and [now] Mesa's out of the growth picture?

JI Gone OH said:
Yeah, for example they wanted to secure all growth within D.C.I. to the wholley-owned carriers, and that would have benefited YOU too! Bad CMR MEC, bad!! Wouldn't it have been great to keep the CHQ's and [now] Mesa's out of the growth picture?

I think this statement is merely a half truth. The CMR MEC had 1 motive and that was to get something in return. I seriously doubt that JC was thinking about the ASA pilots, he was thinking more about scoring a peice of the pie for the CMR pilots. Let's not forget that this is the same MEC that went against the long held position amongst the DCI MEC's to not give concessions for growth. The CMR MEC could care less about any other pilot group, that is their job to a certain extent, not stepping on others is another part of the job. The CMR MEC does a great job of looking out for the CMR pilots, but to hell with every one else.

Plug said:
I think this statement is merely a half truth. The CMR MEC had 1 motive and that was to get something in return. I seriously doubt that JC was thinking about the ASA pilots, he was thinking more about scoring a peice of the pie for the CMR pilots. Let's not forget that this is the same MEC that went against the long held position amongst the DCI MEC's to not give concessions for growth. The CMR MEC could care less about any other pilot group, that is their job to a certain extent, not stepping on others is another part of the job. The CMR MEC does a great job of looking out for the CMR pilots, but to hell with every one else.

Would ASA have refused the 70-seaters that DCI was going to take from Comair had the freeze not passed? I very much doubt it. Comair's MEC does what every MEC does, look after the welfare of the Comair pilots. Not a single MEC would have supported Comair during the strike if it meant that it would hurt their own pilot group, which raising the pay of other pilots will never hurt your own group. Nothing wrong with that at all. Its the way MEC's should do business.

Try going on strike, ASA, and see how quickly JC and the Comair pilots step up to help (I seriously doubt you have the unity but please prove me wrong). We're all waiting to help the first pilot group to stand up to management since '01.

bvt1151 said:
Would ASA have refused the 70-seaters that DCI was going to take from Comair had the freeze not passed? I very much doubt it. Comair's MEC does what every MEC does, look after the welfare of the Comair pilots. Not a single MEC would have supported Comair during the strike if it meant that it would hurt their own pilot group, which raising the pay of other pilots will never hurt your own group. Nothing wrong with that at all. Its the way MEC's should do business.

Try going on strike, ASA, and see how quickly JC and the Comair pilots step up to help (I seriously doubt you have the unity but please prove me wrong). We're all waiting to help the first pilot group to stand up to management since '01.

Nice play on words there. The stance that the ASA/CMR/ and even CHQ MEC's had was "no concessions for growth." Plain and simple, let DAL put the airplanes where they feel necessary, because DAL doesn't do things like this on a wimb. As far as us flying 70 seaters that should have gone to CMR is speculative at best. Though if it were to happen we would fly them and they would probably have a lot of the same problems that the 3 strike birds had, but I don't have a say as to what DAL wants to do with airframes. However, if it was proposed that we could get more 70 seaters from CMR if we sign such and such agreement I would vote "NO".

Comparing everything to the "Great CMR Strike" is quite typical of you Nepoleon types. I didn't mention the strike and this has absolutely nothing to do with your strike so stop trying to dignify yourself with it. You went on strike, every MEC supported you, and every member paid assesments, what else do you want? a cookie? We supported you in the name of unity! Unity is something the majority of the CMR pilots did not show when faced with hallow threats from Whipsaw Fred.

As far as your statement about ASA striking, F'ck off! Wilson polling shows the ASA pilots as the most militant in quite some time. Many of us are screaming for strike votes and want to take action anyway possible, but we don't do it half cocked like you guys did, we don't want pilots being fired for a mx write up campaign, our MEC actually has a plan.

DGdaPilot said:
This is all dumb. Have some of you naysayers even heard Fred speak? If he does even half of what he says, he'll be quite a leader. Ask any Comair pilot about the APU situation and other various changes.....

Yeah and talk to JC who is whining that Fred is bending you guys over. Atleast that was his complaint last week.

Texx said:
Yeah and talk to JC who is whining that Fred is bending you guys over. Atleast that was his complaint last week.

Poor Plug...

Anyways, I hate to admit it, but here at Comair, we're all pretty pleased with Fred. Granted, we understand Fred is out for Comair, and not the pilots, but he also seems to realize that he needs the pilots in order to improve Comair. Word from the union side is that relations are excellent with the new administration, which is cautious optimism, at best, but optimism nonetheless. I for one was very critical of him, but he seems to be doing all the small things right (except for the M.S. seniority issue).

By the way, the movement of 70's to ASA was not mentioned until months after the freeze was voted. According to Fred, he didn't want it to sound like a threat, so he didn't mention it. Several other union types warned against it though. If you're skeptical about the ease at which DCI can move airplanes, look at how quickly they swapped the ACA planes with ASA planes for Comair. What'd that take? A month?

bvt1151 said:

How ? By taking another pay freeze so you can have our airplanes? 61% of you suck and you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bvt1151 said:
Poor Plug...

Word from the union side is that relations are excellent with the new administration, which is cautious optimism, at best, but optimism nonetheless.

Well it sounds like JC is telling you guys one story and tell our people another. But what do you expect...he's done it before. Good Luck

Oh, buy the way. Did Fred's wife pick out their new $1.2 mil. home up there?

Latest resources

Back