• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Gets Axed In Half

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way Comair has been run for the past 10-12 years is pretty much a case study in how to lose friends and irritate people. How the people who run that place sleep at night is beyond me.

My thoughts go out to the Comair folks. I know how you feel. I went through this with ACA/FLYI. THe only encouragement I can offer is that this could be the opportunity for you to look into other avenues. After my furlough, I took a position at an aerospace association in DC, then onto a lucrative career as an FAA inspector making much more than I would have at the airlines and having a great lifestyle. There are many opportunities for people with airline experience, but you have to have an open mind and really network to understand. For those of you looking for more stability, I offer the following:

www.aia-aerospace.org, www.usajobs.gov, www.ntsb.gov, www.mitre.org, www.alpa.org. You would be surprised at the opportunities, especially if you have a safety background. And please feel free to shoot me a message and I'll do what I can to help point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to all

I think that tiffany is asking whether likely attrition would result in a 2002 hire being furloughed.

My suspicion is that it will be close. A lot of senior guys will bail.

Also, you can collect unemployment when voluntarily FURLOUGHED. If you think about it for a bit, it makes sense.

Seriously, , I have to know, how old are you? I would guess you don't even have a job in aviation, and I know you aren't at CX. If you do have a job in aviation, and you are just getting your jollies, then I will leave you with this: "Karma is a b!tch".

box

How do you know I'm not at CX? because I don't have a big shinny picture of the 747 on my avatar? Can I assume that you went to Riddle? It's FI, why so serious? You don't know what 12-9 is? Just use your fingers.

Last edited:
At what point does the Comair pilot group get rid of ALPO? Obviously the union has done nothing to protect jobs. Except for unsafe and under qualifies pilots.

I love this time in the process....the bad news will be in an article in the next ALPA magazine. "Comair Takes Hit.....ALPA will stand beside the furloughed fallen"....with classes on how to update your resume!:)

I have nothing against the people at ALPA, some are close friends of mine, but I am saddened by how often things in this industry are so far out of our control "Our strength is in our unity".....what a joke!

Do you know how many times Ive heard "The company can't do that to you, its against the contract.....but its not against the FAR's so I guess you have no choice and you'll have to grieve it later."

......that is the power of ALPA...or ANY union over our careers. From the day to day crappy stuff your company tries to make you do....all the way up to if you will even be able to keep your job or not.....

Once again, I am NOT against the people at ALPA! I don't really have a good idea on how to fix this tomorrow either......I just feel like venting. Well.....I am now going to try to pay my monthly bills and figure out what bill I will ignore this month. Electric or groceries:)

Latest resources

Back