• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Gets Axed In Half

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was hired in 2002. Can I expect to be furloughed in the Spring of 2011? Please advise.

Comair plans on getting rid of 19 airframes next year and 30 in 2012.
If I had to guess, and I hate to because these numbers are real people, but a guess would be somewhere in 2004.

As the list stands today, and no one retires or quits in the next two years, and strictly looking at 10 pilots per airframe, the most junior pilot to remain would be a hire date of May 1999.

This, however, will not be the case as people will retire and people will quit to do other things, go other places.

I expect that the seniority list will be fluid over the next year and a half as Captains with 16 to 17 years at Comair stare straight at that right seat they will be sitting in with the enormous pay cut that will come with it. ($95 down to $43 and sitting on reserve)

Who will stay and who will go? For some it will be a choice and unfortunately for others they will not have that luxury.

Sorry Tiff. This comment was about pilots and not Flight Attendants. I just realized that. I don't know how the FA line will be drawn.

Last edited:
What a sad day. I wish you guys the best of luck and hope something else opens up for you that's better than you had imagined. I know how much sacrifice is involved in this career and the horrible pay and time away from our families makes it even worse. When one door closes another one always opens.

This, however, will not be the case as people will retire and people will quit to do other things, go other places.

I expect that the seniority list will be fluid over the next year and a half as Captains with 16 to 17 years at Comair stare straight at that right seat they will be sitting in with the enormous pay cut that will come with it. ($95 down to $43 and sitting on reserve)

I agree. They're shaking the hell out of the tree to see who hangs on.

I was hired in 2002. Can I expect to be furloughed in the Spring of 2011? Please advise.

Comair plans on getting rid of 19 airframes next year and 30 in 2012.
If I had to guess, and I hate to because these numbers are real people, but a guess would be somewhere in 2004.

As the list stands today, and no one retires or quits in the next two years, and strictly looking at 10 pilots per airframe, the most junior pilot to remain would be a hire date of May 1999.

Who will stay and who will go? For some it will be a choice and unfortunately for others they will not have that luxury.

Sorry Tiff. This comment was about pilots and not Flight Attendants. I just realized that. I don't know how the FA line will be drawn.

So if my husband was hired in 2002, he would be axed right?

I was hired in 2002, so I think I'm toast. We only have 28 70/90s don't we? If they offer voluntary furloughs and I can get unemployment as well, I'll do that. It'll help save others who don't want to lose their jobs.

Blessing in disguise. It's your lucky break, lady. Leave the hellhole occupation you call FA and do something with yourself besides slaving over ungrateful passengers and pilfering small bottles of liquor.

If they offer voluntary furloughs and I can get unemployment as well, I'll do that.

If you do that, you will be committing fraud, in which case I hope your real name is not Tiffany Taylor. You can't collect unemployment if you VOLUNTARILY give up your job you clown.

If you do that, you will be committing fraud, in which case I hope your real name is not Tiffany Taylor. You can't collect unemployment if you VOLUNTARILY give up your job you clown.

That's not entirely accurate.

Latest resources

Back