• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMHO most of the blame for this lies with the snobs over at DAL, and their equally snobbish, elitist, and so called professional pilot group.

The blame lies with DAL management. The pilot bashing, on both sides, has nothing to do with the demise of Comair.

Exactly. With what is about to go down at Comair, maybe it's time for pilots on both sides of this decade long pissing contest to simply let it go. Mistakes made in the past should stay in the past. The fact of the matter is that a bunch of people are about to lose their livelihoods and face severe difficulties as a result of mismanagement, and that is not something that should be celebrated by any other pilot group(s).

Put another way, everyone grow the f### up.

Exactly. With what is about to go down at Comair, maybe it's time for pilots on both sides of this decade long pissing contest to simply let it go. Mistakes made in the past should stay in the past. The fact of the matter is that a bunch of people are about to lose their livelihoods and face severe difficulties as a result of mismanagement, and that is not something that should be celebrated by any other pilot group(s).

Put another way, everyone grow the f### up.

Precisely.

I don't think some folks believe how much of a business decision Comairs future really is. When Delta bought the airline I'm sure it was because some DAL CEO thought it would be good to have control of a major contractor. What has happened in he interm means zero to a guy like RA now as he is just about managing his costs an how to make DAL even more profitable.Now your in a situation with the TA requiring a reduction in 50 seat a/c and Comairs higher cost both in personal and future maintance requirements making harder to justify keeping Comair.

I don't think some folks believe how much of a business decision Comairs future really is. When Delta bought the airline I'm sure it was because some DAL CEO thought it would be good to have control of a major contractor. What has happened in he interm means zero to a guy like RA now as he is just about managing his costs an how to make DAL even more profitable.Now your in a situation with the TA requiring a reduction in 50 seat a/c and Comairs higher cost both in personal and future maintance requirements making harder to justify keeping Comair.

Comair only has 16 50 seaters (the oldest in the DCI fleet) that were ALREADY planned on being returned upon lease expirations over the next 3 yrs...regardless of whether the recent Delta pilot TA passed or not. So Comair's current situation has little if anything to do with the new Delta TA.

Comair's situation has much more to do with the fact that Comair is in contract negotiations with ALL THREE UNIONS (pilots, FAs and mechanics) simultaneously. All these threats are from the "Negotiations 101" play book. It amazes me how many people seem to forget this.

While Comair's future may not be all peaches n cream, the imminent death of Comair is highly exaggerated.

Comair only has 16 50 seaters (the oldest in the DCI fleet) that were ALREADY planned on being returned upon lease expirations over the next 3 yrs...regardless of whether the recent Delta pilot TA passed or not. So Comair's current situation has little if anything to do with the new Delta TA.

Comair's situation has much more to do with the fact that Comair is in contract negotiations with ALL THREE UNIONS (pilots, FAs and mechanics) simultaneously. All these threats are from the "Negotiations 101" play book. It amazes me how many people seem to forget this.

While Comair's future may not be all peaches n cream, the imminent death of Comair is highly exaggerated.

U think delta is just posturing to get what they want in your contract negotiations ?

Latest resources

Back