• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Future Uncertain ... Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm I have never felt forced to go to @@jets! I just refuse to go there! I have learned in my short 6 years at OH is don't chase an upgrade! I have run into guys that left who are still waiting for the upgrade! Might not happen.

They can't even fly their current block hours. Why would Delta give them more jets? Who are they going to hire? The current commercial pilot supply is drying up quick! My $ss isn't going there!

Heck most of our former management is there! Why would I want to deal with those rejects again? SB single handily destroyed our training department! The man can't even fit in the cockpit door anymore much less the escape hatch!

Funny how Comair ie supposedly about to be shutdown is doing flying for some of the other DCI carrier's. Personally I hope we finally get shutdown. The whole company is basically on reserve! I haven't flown in a month on reserve and I am pretty much junior short call reserve! It's ridiculous and there is really nowhere to go!

The crewroom looks like a murder scene everyday with captain's, Fo's and flight attendant's who sleep in there every night!

Something is going on and the pisser is they won't tell us! The whole company is on a razor edge right now. We should hear our fate this week after the Delta board of director's meeting which is currently ongoing.

It's all one big s@@t sandwich and we all....at least most of us have taken a bite!!!!!

Last edited:
Something is going on and the pisser is they won't tell us! The whole company is on a razor edge right now. We should hear our fate this week after the Delta board of director's meeting which is currently ongoing.

It's all one big s@@t sandwich and we all....at least most of us have taken a bite!!!!!

It is a big s@@t sandwich, but remember to fly safe. Try to clear your head of all this crap prior to your flight. There doesn't need to be another accident due to delta's crap. Things will somehow work themselves out. Whether it is at cmr or at another job. Always fly safe.

j

It is a big s@@t sandwich, but remember to fly safe. Try to clear your head of all this crap prior to your flight. There doesn't need to be another accident due to delta's crap. Things will somehow work themselves out. Whether it is at cmr or at another job. Always fly safe.

j

+1!! This is paramount.

RA conveniently left before the bankruptcy to separate himself from the fallout. He let the other guy do the dirty work. If you take a look at NWA's business model the years up to the bankruptcy you can see that's where they were headed. So do you think its just a convenient coincidence that RA ended up at Delta and became the head of both companies? I wonder how many board members had cross ties with each other. This entire process was never put in writing but I assure you it was all planned at some meeting at a gold course, exclusive club or where ever. The other side to this is a planned forcing of XJ into bankruptcy the first time. I mean why not make payments to XJ but continue to make payments to Pinnacle? One is growing while one you force into bankruptcy? Which then they reaped the benefits of a regional feed that was cheaper and they did not have to share the profits with MAIR holdings.

RA conveniently left before the bankruptcy to separate himself from the fallout. He let the other guy do the dirty work. If you take a look at NWA's business model the years up to the bankruptcy you can see that's where they were headed. So do you think its just a convenient coincidence that RA ended up at Delta and became the head of both companies? I wonder how many board members had cross ties with each other. This entire process was never put in writing but I assure you it was all planned at some meeting at a gold course, exclusive club or where ever. The other side to this is a planned forcing of XJ into bankruptcy the first time. I mean why not make payments to XJ but continue to make payments to Pinnacle? One is growing while one you force into bankruptcy? Which then they reaped the benefits of a regional feed that was cheaper and they did not have to share the profits with MAIR holdings.

I'll never forget his appearance at the Senate hearing with other airline CEOs after 9-11 to discuss its impact on the industry. All of the other CEOs (including Mullin) at least appeared to give a damn that they were going to have to furlough, cut service, and destroy lives. Not Anderson. His cold, calculating attitude was something to see. When pressed by Senators about the impact of the layoffs on employees, all the other CEOs professed to do as much as possible to help these people. Anderson, however, simply said he would follow the labor contracts, nothing more, tough s**t. I wish I could find that hearing in the CSPAN archives somewhere. It really gives an insight into the guy.

I wouln't trust him as far as I could throw him, and I would expect no mercy from this guy. The fact that lives will be impacted means nothing, only the figure on the spread sheet.

I'll never forget his appearance at the Senate hearing with other airline CEOs after 9-11 to discuss its impact on the industry. All of the other CEOs (including Mullin) at least appeared to give a damn that they were going to have to furlough, cut service, and destroy lives. Not Anderson. His cold, calculating attitude was something to see. When pressed by Senators about the impact of the layoffs on employees, all the other CEOs professed to do as much as possible to help these people. Anderson, however, simply said he would follow the labor contracts, nothing more, tough s**t. I wish I could find that hearing in the CSPAN archives somewhere. It really gives an insight into the guy.

I wouln't trust him as far as I could throw him, and I would expect no mercy from this guy. The fact that lives will be impacted means nothing, only the figure on the spread sheet.

He is a great businessman. He has really taken Delta to new levels as far as revenue and profits go and has some innovative ideas. I'm glad I work under him..now if we can just get ALPA to do the right thing.

You are ALPA. Remember that. I am trying to forget that I am ALPA as my own union has consistently made choices and recommendations at the local level to screw me over while preserving the most senior 15-20%. And I am all for the reduction of small and big RJ's and I hope the gains made so far are followed on by United and Delta. Yes the gains could have been better but a step in the right direction is okay for now.

To me, the last TA was a step in the wrong direction, but the majority wanted it so I'll live with it and move on.

Latest resources

Back