Comair FO awakens

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Superpilot92 said:
I am a believer and at no time have i or will i hate anyone that doesnt believe. To each there own i say. I dont think you will find a true believer and follower of Christ ever say they HATE a nonbeliever. Again thats my opinion.

You are showing how small minded you are by that post. Out of the entire Population of Priests, Pastors, Holy men/Woman etc, that because of a few bad ducks the whole religion is bad? So i suppose than since some one murdered someone today somewhere in the world that you yourself are a murderer? Because someone does something wrong, Which i totally agree is wrong, does not mean that everyone is like that.

Few? Do you read much?

FlyBunny said:
You have no idea, friend, how much I read it growing up. It was imposed on me at home, in the church, in school...every where.

Wow...I never knew Carlin was a comedian...oh my...what was I thinking...I must not have been born, raized, and lived in the US...or other English speaking countries.

Do you think you rebel against it because it was forced on you as a child? See it wasnt forced on me, my parents took us to church every now and again growing up. I choose to believe as an adult was in no way forced into my beliefs. I am sorry that it was forced on you. I for one dont believe that it should be forced on anyone. People need to believe on their own not because others tell them they should. Just my thoughts.:)

FlyBunny said:
Oh...so it's OK for 'God believing' folks to HATE other people created by the same god?

Of course having sex with young boys in churches has nothing to do with Christianity either, right?

Get it...they are not even ordinary mortals like you and me, but specially chosen priests...who teach god's word.

Interesting!

The point foofigher is making is that most people who vehemently preach their belief in god and Christianity (and other religions; Islam, Judaism, etc.) are the ones who are some of the most flagrant violators of the same values they teach.

So what?

Hitler believed in gravity. So did Stalin. They are arguably the worst people in recent history. Because bad people believed in gravity does that mean it doesn't exist?

US mililtary personell fire-bombed Dresden and killed hundreds of thousands in Hiroshima and Nagasaki all to protect the American way of life. Do those horrific attacks make the US a figment of our imagination?

Of course not.

Both the Allies and the Axis claimed God was on their side and that they were acting according to his will. Obviously somebody was wrong. The point is that just saying you're doing what God wants doesn't make it true, and it definitely doesn't mean He doesn't exist.

So why would you base the existence of God on what other people say or do? If God really does exist, do you think He would change dependent upon what people said He was like, or what people said He wanted them to do? If everyone said the sky is red, would that make it red? It's a rediculous notion.

What people say about God or what they do in His name is entirely irrelevant to whether or not God actually exists and what He's really like.

George says Paul wants him to go on a shooting spree. That's bad. I guess Paul doesn't exist.

Now that's some screwed-up reasoning.

FlyBunny said:
Few? Do you read much?

So you imply that all Pastors, and priests are that way? Hardly. Besides you hear about the bad apples on the news not so much about the good ones. The news is that 90% bad things To Generalize Religion based on those bad priests is a pretty lame stance if you ask me.

This is nonsense, it seems we are divided about 50/50 and nobody is really going to change their feelings on the matter based upon something they read at a pilot forum.
Some people think other people are crazy to believe in God, other people think people are crazy not to. I happen to be one of the former, but I've spent countless hours of my life trying to impose my thoughts on others and I've probably spent 4 or 5 hours in this THREAD ALONE, and I'm not spending any more...

So, GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL

;)

Flybunny,

Never mind about Carlin. You'd probably be offended by much of his comedy because it deals with the proper use of the English language.
Carry on, everyone. Would someone please start a new thread if you can actually definitively answer the God question? Thanks.
Also, good luck to the FO, as his pain is only just beginning.

-Blucher:rolleyes:

All.
This thread is about the condition of the FO, not your personal religious beliefs. Lets all try to get this thread back on track.....please.

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature."
[Albert Einstein,_The World as I See It_]

mynameisjim said:
Are you saying the FO survived because he recently read the bible? I guess the other 49 people haven't read it recently. I bet they wish they were airline pilots with a free bible in every room. Had they read it they would have survived as well.

No, smarty pants Jim, I'm NOT saying that, you're getting squirelly on me {c;. One of the Columbine killers asked a girl classmate who was an active Christian if she still believed in God, she replied "Yes" and got a fatal bullet for it.

Bad things happen to good people all the time, and vice-versa. Where is the justice in this world? This common lament expressed by humanity is found in many books of the Bible.

I'm just presuming that James was and is in at least a period of spritual searching. I'm not even stating as fact that he is a Christian, just hoping and presuming so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back