• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Final Offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you right now without even looking at it, I will not only vote NO, I will vote HELL F'N NO!!!! I wish other pilot groups out there had backbones. This industry has gone from bad to worse because of all of you weaklings that are just happy to fly a jet. Thanks to all of you...you know who you are!

Homer Jay said:
I wish other pilot groups out there had backbones. This industry has gone from bad to worse because of all of you weaklings that are just happy to fly a jet. Thanks to all of you...you know who you are!

Before you start pointing fingers there Slick, how about looking at the pay cut you guys voted on for growth. That didn't look like a whole lot of backbone. You can call it a pay freeze if it helps you sleep better but it's a pay cut. And if I remember correctly, it passed pretty easily.

In all seriousness, I hope you guys are able to negotiate something close to what you deserve but let's not throw stones.

Homer Jay said:
I can tell you right now without even looking at it, I will not only vote NO, I will vote HELL F'N NO!!!! I wish other pilot groups out there had backbones. This industry has gone from bad to worse because of all of you weaklings that are just happy to fly a jet. Thanks to all of you...you know who you are!

Homer Jay, you are absolutely right! I made $34,000 this year at what is supposed to be one of the highest paying regionals. I am ashamed that our wages are this low. The only thing I will vote for is a raise. I would rather see the company go out of business than see a penny of my frozen sh#t pay taken from me.

The problem is that I believe the senior pilots that make a comfortable living will sell out the junior guys to preserve most of their pay and job security. As for myself, I can make more money doing just about anything else including waiting tables.

Quite a few of the mid-seniority captains were pay-for-training folks back in the mid-to-late 90s.

I agree that those pilots in particular will sell out the junior pilots to preserve their $10,000 investments.

WSurf said:
LOL, your fooling yourself!! I am not saying that they don't have an agreement, what I am saying... listen please!!! They are a hired hitman to put pressure on you Comair folks to sign a new deal!! Comair had Leverage when they had there big strike, now with leases going back, contract carriers all over the place!!! Well, that leverage is almost all but gone!!
US Airways signed a deal to met performance also with mesa! One thing they did, was they (mesa) bragged about a 98% completion factor!! They get paid for every completed flight..... So they were running empty airplanes 4 hours late to get paid!! Talk about money out the widow!! US Airway finally caught on to this and other things!!
But Texx, I know you love Delta, you probably have nice Leather Jacket and all the accessories of a cool regional pilot... but what I am saying is Mesa is on the property with you guys, and it helps Mainline Delta neg. a new contract against Comair!!
This is what I believe, cause it happen to us!
Again Good Luck'

You do not know me and loving DAL and having a leather jacket has nothing to do with it.

Great, it happened to you and you think everyone else is walking around with their heads in the ground?

Being a methodical thinker and staying focused on the future is the key.

Also, once again, look at the DAL and Mesa deal about the performance numbers.

Mongolikecandy said:
Before you start pointing fingers there Slick, how about looking at the pay cut you guys voted on for growth. That didn't look like a whole lot of backbone. You can call it a pay freeze if it helps you sleep better but it's a pay cut. And if I remember correctly, it passed pretty easily.

In all seriousness, I hope you guys are able to negotiate something close to what you deserve but let's not throw stones.

Excellent post. You Comair guys whine and complain about other regionals selling themselves out to fly jets, yet your pay freeze for "possible" growth has got to be the biggest sell-out I've witnessed at the regionals in the 3 years I've been here. Think before you post about other regionals "selling themselves out."

I honestly do hope everything works out for you guys but come on.

Last edited:
Tex, It doesnt matter about the performance deal in the contract !!!! Get that thru your head!!! Its about cost!!! Yea, there will be a contract with mesa and delta, but before they are kicked off the delta property they will have done what they were put there to do!!! Under Cut you guys, and make you bring your cost down........ at the expense of some crappy service for a year or too!!
Wake up brother!!! Don't you understand what I am trying to tell you!!!!????
That is your future, has nothing to do with lookin forward to it!! Its gonna happen, and I am sorry!!! Like I said early you have two choices, you do it. Or you take the gun away from Delta and call there bluff!!!!

Good Luck

Last edited:
RP170 said:
Excellent post. You Comair guys whine and complain about other regionals selling themselves out to fly jets, yet your pay freeze for "possible" growth has got to be the biggest sell-out I've witnessed at the regionals in the 3 years I've been here. Think before you post about other regionals "selling themselves out."

What about Flying the 70 seat for the same as the 50 seatat Skywest? Oh wait that was supposed to only last 18 months? Then the company made it permanent? At least Comair got it in writing

wmuflyguy said:
What about Flying the 70 seat for the same as the 50 seatat Skywest? Oh wait that was supposed to only last 18 months? Then the company made it permanent? At least Comair got it in writing

Yeah you're right. That would be a close second.

RP170 said:

And how much exactly are you getting paid to fly that 170 you are so proud of? HAHAHAHAHA

Latest resources

Back