Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
The company made a final offer, the negotiating committee rejected it, and now the MEC is putting it out for vote. This should be fun.

I am putting the over under at 85% to 15% voting NO. I wish all the comair folks the best because the only thing for certain is that this deal is going to suck. Just remember the Feb LOA before you vote.

StaySeated said:
The company made a final offer, the negotiating committee rejected it, and now the MEC is putting it out for vote. This should be fun.

I am putting the over under at 85% to 15% voting NO. I wish all the comair folks the best because the only thing for certain is that this deal is going to suck. Just remember the Feb LOA before you vote.

I had just heard that the CEO told the pilots either take $17M in concessions by February or DAL will liquidate CMR. Pretty heavyhanded tactics.

Mesa here we go.

jetfo said:
I had just heard that the CEO told the pilots either take $17M in concessions by February or DAL will liquidate CMR. Pretty heavyhanded tactics.

Mesa here we go.

Doubtful. You can't just liquidate important feed in an instant. I wouldn't doubt that DAL would cancel some leases and pit Comair against Mesa or CHQ for growth. Anyone have better details about the most recent offer?

Personally I really do think Mesa is the way to go in the future regional industry. As for the company, they don’t want to pay the pilots; as for the pilots, they don’t want to be paid; as you can see this is really a win win situation for both the company and the pilots. How can the company not come up with such low operating cost? It's a tough choice for all you pilots out there, either make no money or don't have a flying job.

ubpilot said:
Personally I really do think Mesa is the way to go in the future regional industry. As for the company, they don’t want to pay the pilots; as for the pilots, they don’t want to be paid; as you can see this is really a win win situation for both the company and the pilots. How can the company not come up with such low operating cost? It's a tough choice for all you pilots out there, either make no money or don't have a flying job.

Possible. Unfortunately right now airlines want quantity, not quality. If MESA can give DAL what they want then there's no reason why Delta wouldn't sign them on. That's too bad...

logolight said:
Possible. Unfortunately right now airlines want quantity, not quality. If MESA can give DAL what they want then there's no reason why Delta wouldn't sign them on. That's too bad...

Wrong. DAL wants lowers cost with "reliability and on time performance." Mesa has a problem with one of these.

Texx said:
Wrong. DAL wants lowers cost with "reliability and on time performance." Mesa has a problem with one of these.

Wrong! Delta wants to hire a hitman right now! They could care less about reliability and performance!
This will be just like what happened at the WO's at US Airways! The gun my boys will be held to your head, you really don't have much of a choice! With US Airways slowly pushing Mesa out the door they have many A/C to do some flying for Delta!
So with the gun pointed at your head you will have big Brother Delta saying sign it or else!
Yeaaaaa, and at that point I hope comair guys (not like us) grab that F-In gun and shove it up Delta's Arse and start firing as fast as possible!!!! And when your done, reload and continue!!!! We at the US Airways WO's pissed our pants when the gun was at our heads and signed on!

Good Luck, from someone that has been through this bs!!!

WSurf said:
Wrong! Delta wants to hire a hitman right now! They could care less about reliability and performance!
This will be just like what happened at the WO's at US Airways! The gun my boys will be held to your head, you really don't have much of a choice! With US Airways slowly pushing Mesa out the door they have many A/C to do some flying for Delta!
So with the gun pointed at your head you will have big Brother Delta saying sign it or else!
Yeaaaaa, and at that point I hope comair guys (not like us) grab that F-In gun and shove it up Delta's Arse and start firing as fast as possible!!!! And when your done, reload and continue!!!! We at the US Airways WO's pissed our pants when the gun was at our heads and signed on!

Good Luck, from someone that has been through this bs!!!

You might want to get a look at the agreement with Mesa. There are performance numbers that must be meet. DAL isn't going to sign a deal that wouldn't include protections for service.

LOL, your fooling yourself!! I am not saying that they don't have an agreement, what I am saying... listen please!!! They are a hired hitman to put pressure on you Comair folks to sign a new deal!! Comair had Leverage when they had there big strike, now with leases going back, contract carriers all over the place!!! Well, that leverage is almost all but gone!!
US Airways signed a deal to met performance also with mesa! One thing they did, was they (mesa) bragged about a 98% completion factor!! They get paid for every completed flight..... So they were running empty airplanes 4 hours late to get paid!! Talk about money out the widow!! US Airway finally caught on to this and other things!!
But Texx, I know you love Delta, you probably have nice Leather Jacket and all the accessories of a cool regional pilot... but what I am saying is Mesa is on the property with you guys, and it helps Mainline Delta neg. a new contract against Comair!!
This is what I believe, cause it happen to us!
Again Good Luck'

On Your Six said:
Doubtful. You can't just liquidate important feed in an instant. I wouldn't doubt that DAL would cancel some leases and pit Comair against Mesa or CHQ for growth. Anyone have better details about the most recent offer?
You may not be able to liquidate an important feed overnight, but there are several options. An excess of planes and pilots at mesa, an excess of pilots at Skywest, ASA activly looking for more flying. They transfer the needed planes to other airlines and work on efficiencies, and comair could be out. Be careful guys. Also, they closed DFW pretty quick, whose to say they cant do that at Cincinatti.

Latest resources

Back