Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry I don't have time to answer all of your questions:

Questions for you JI Gone OH.
How long did Comair negotiate for their current agreement? At least as long as you, under totally different circumstances and economic influences.

Do you understand that there are no minimum fleet guarantees after 2008? Yes, and I also understand there are no minimum fleet guarantees until 2008 either.

Do you understand that your leaderships actions are like a married man/woman abandoning his/her family because he/she had found some one else? Why did he/she decide to leave in the first place? Could it be that he/she had felt as though they were living "alone" for the last 4 years and decided to do what they needed to make a better life for themselves.

Do you think that man/woman should come back when he/she gets dumped andask for forgiveness for disappearing with out any explanation why? 2 family related analogies in a row? If you are having problems at home, please seek the help of a family counselor.

Do you think that the Comair pilots feel that your leaders duped the naive ASA leadership? No

Do you think the ASA pilot leaders feel that your leaders were never serious about one list? I would hope not, as I believe we are still serious about it, but I suppose it is conceivable that your leaders could feel that way.

Have your pilots leaders been asked any of these questions during your pilot meetings where this is being sold? Of course

Do you even care? Of course

Do you fullly understand who got weak and caved first? Air Wisconsin? ;-)

Do you believe that pilots should finance aircraft for managment? For the 10th time, our freeze is not financing the aircraft. How many RJ's does 14-16 million buy. We are getting our costs in line with everyone who has refused to hold the line or has taken concessions over the last 3 years. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
The paytables ARE being rewritten

Just so the record is straight, the paytables ARE being REwritten. If this LOA passes, the 6/22/05 column of the paytables ceases to exist. The next pay raise would not come until January, 2008...and that would be a merely a 2% bump over the current rates (from the 6/22/04 paytable).

I say again..the paytables are being rewritten!!

SNK

JI Gone OH said:
Do you think that man/woman should come back when he/she gets dumped andask for forgiveness for disappearing with out any explanation why? 2 family related analogies in a row? If you are having problems at home, please seek the help of a family counselor.

Thanks for the advice. Doesn't that usually require that both family members attend. I doubt that the CMR family members will be able to go with us because I understand they have gone spelunking! One smart a!! answer deserves another.

An article in the CVG Rag said the vote was 2 for and 1 against for the MEC to recommend their pilots to vote "YES" on this T/A? By the way do you know who the representative was who failed to cast a vote either for, against or abstain?

I say again..the paytables are being rewritten!!

It's all word play.

The paytables are NOT being rewritten. IF this LOA passes and goes into effect, the 6/22/05 payscale will be used as a benchmark in the next contract. IF these paytables were being rewritten, then the 6/22/04 payscale would be used as the benchmark.

Just because you won't be going into the 6/22/05 table doesn't mean it's going away.

An article in the CVG Rag said the vote was 2 for and 1 against for the MEC to recommend their pilots to vote "YES" on this T/A? By the way do you know who the representative was who failed to cast a vote either for, against or abstain?

The vote was 2-1 FOR the LOA and 3-0 for MR.

The person who failed to vote said he would have voted FOR and FOR making in 3-1 and 4-0

Bizjet said:
Do you understand that there are no minimum fleet guarantees after 2008?

That's an interesting point. I wonder when some of the CRJ50s start coming off of lease? That's a question that would concern me. My guess is shortly after 2008.

JMO, but I suspect CMR will get more 70 seaters regardless of the outcome of this vote, but CMR will eventually start parking a large number of 50 seaters starting in 2008. In the short term, CMR is being "fattened" for the sale. With freshly ratified contract concessions for growth LOA, a contract extension and new 70 seaters on order, CMR will look much more attractive when it is ultimately spun off.

Fred hit a home run when he brought that E-170 to CVG. It didn't take long after that to get the CMR pilots in line for his concessions for growth scheme.

FDJ2 said:
Bizjet said:
That's an interesting point. I wonder when some of the CRJ50s start coming off of lease? That's a question that would concern me. My guess is shortly after 2008.

JMO, but I suspect CMR will get more 70 seaters regardless of the outcome of this vote, but CMR will eventually start parking a large number of 50 seaters starting in 2008. In the short term, CMR is being "fattened" for the sale. With freshly ratified contract concessions for growth LOA, a contract extension and new 70 seaters on order, CMR will look much more attractive when it is ultimately spun off.

Fred hit a home run when he brought that E-170 to CVG. It didn't take long after that to get the CMR pilots in line for his concessions for growth scheme.

I agree. Fred didn't even have to break a sweat or even spend a dime. He just called and said to bring that EMB 170 to CVG and if you have one in carrot orange that may also be helpful. Shouldn't need it but one day. LOL

Do you understand that there are no minimum fleet guarantees after 2008?

Won't Comair be in negotiations and status quo by that time? Wouldn't that mean no changes, including contract minimum fleet size, until released by the mediator?

Won't Comair be in negotiations and status quo by that time? Wouldn't that mean no changes, including contract minimum fleet size, until released by the mediator?

This point was brought up during the road shows..

Latest resources

Back