• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOOL CRIB said:
Nope sorry. with 22 pages of discussion this has already come up 3-4 times. No Comair CDO's in or out of Atlanta. I actually heard they had a 28 hour overnight. got in real late Friday night, all day Sat off then first flight out Sunday morning. Somewhat common to do that over Saturdays due to decreased flying on Sat.

You are wrong, If I had the energy to explain Reserve pilots being assigned last minute built CD's we would discuss this. But I don't and will just state a CD i was assigned while at Comair was cvg-srq, plane change, srq-mco sit waiting for MX bird (2 hours), mco-srq, wait 3 hours to operate srq-cvg. Arrived in cvg around 8am-ish and still legal to fly to sdf for rest. 5 legs, 2 hours sitting in a hanger and 3 in a terminal. Now that was a fun night! OH- but CMR hasn't got ATL CD's must not have been that?

WSurf said:
Anyone know if this was a CDO? They brought the plane in at 10pm and had to get it out this morning!!! Jeez..... So these guys maybe, if lucky....... 6 hours of sleep!!!!!!!!!! bs!!! 8 hour rest is bs, and should be reviewed.

They probably landed at 10pm, hmmm wait for the van and get to the hotel at 10:30 if your lucky. Get in room and shower... 11pm... Finally get to sleep at 11:30..

5am report... hmmm Gotta get up at 4am... So they were lucky to get 4 hours of sleep.... holy crap....

It must be true since CHARLEY on CNN said it was

<No more PFTers. No more 300 hour wonders.>

I agree with you but whats that have to with these 2 do you know that they were, and niether was new to the company. all of you acting like your a great pilot and know exactly what happened, and that you never make mistakes, stand back, take a deep breath.....(mod edit) this is obviously a huge crew mistake, but dont start acting like your the better pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any idea what the tower didn't notice/say anything during the TO role? I am assuming that the tower was staffed as I read earlier in this thread that the tower is open 24/7.

God bless those on this flight.

samballs said:
It must be true since CHARLEY on CNN said it was

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't bring the plane in at 10pm...... My point is that the 8hr rest rule is fukin' bs!!!!! Period... And if they did bring the plane in that night, the FAA needs to review this practice!!!

To love aviation so much, then to see something like this is gut wrenching.

To everyone that is effected by this event, take care tomorrow when the door closes and your able to be with fellow proffesionals in the sky.

Prayers for the families, and the FO.

Maybe this has been said already, but I'm surprised that something like this hasn't happened sooner. I'm a recently furloughed Mesaba employee and it's real hard to remain professional and safe at times with all the B.S. going on at these companies lately. We all learn about stress in CRM, but it is almost imposible not to let it affect our lives.

WSurf said:
Anyone know if this was a CDO? They brought the plane in at 10pm and had to get it out this morning!!! Jeez..... So these guys maybe, if lucky....... 6 hours of sleep!!!!!!!!!! bs!!! 8 hour rest is bs, and should be reviewed.

They probably landed at 10pm, hmmm wait for the van and get to the hotel at 10:30 if your lucky. Get in room and shower... 11pm... Finally get to sleep at 11:30..

5am report... hmmm Gotta get up at 4am... So they were lucky to get 4 hours of sleep.... holy crap....

Have you ever heard of companies such as FedEx, UPS, Airborne, Capital, ATI, etc...fly at night, sleep during the day. If you fly standups, then adjust to the schedule. Remember on the application that you filled out, where you checked the box that said you would be able to work weekends, holidays, and NIGHTS? The four hours of sleep at night complement the six plus you should get during the day. Oh, and by the way, they weren't on a standup anyways.

DrProc said:
Have you ever heard of companies such as FedEx, UPS, Airborne, Capital, ATI, etc...fly at night, sleep during the day. If you fly standups, then adjust to the schedule. Remember on the application that you filled out, where you checked the box that said you would be able to work weekends, holidays, and NIGHTS? The four hours of sleep at night complement the six plus you should get during the day. Oh, and by the way, they weren't on a standup anyways.

????????????? ok

lowtimedriver said:
Does anyone have any idea what the tower didn't notice/say anything during the TO role? I am assuming that the tower was staffed as I read earlier in this thread that the tower is open 24/7.

God bless those on this flight.

There was probably only one controller in the tower at the time. Recording ATIS, ground control, clearance, and tower ops. Along with probably a pile of paperwork. Blame Congress for not properly funding ATC, for not having the tower properly staffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back