• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just heard 3 CAA CFIs that interviewed in Apr are in the Aug 19 class. That leaves 4 more that interviewed in Apr. I interviewed on May 21 and have 3 more CAA CFIs that are right behind me from the May interviews. There are only 3 from June. Still supposedly no new hire classes in Sep, with resumption in Oct. This is all rumor mill stuff here at CAA. Personally, I'm bailing out of the Academy in favor of my old job in Los Alamos. At least I can start paying down my student loans with a decent paycheck!!
Hopefully the class dates won't slip too far. Ahh, to fly in the mountains again! Leadville, here I come; get that certificate ready!
Good luck to all!!

Last edited:
I know Positive Rate, I feel the same. If they wanted a balance for their ground school classes, then they should have started at the interviews. Penalizing people, and that's what it is, who have interviewed in Feb and some before that, I do not agree with. I know my interview class was told classes are assigned by interview date, not a balanced mix.

However, I also know that relying on rumors will drive you to insanity and with that said, I would find it hard to believe that the Aug 19th class is made up of 50% of CAA, since there are only 6 in each Aug class.

Last edited:
Just imagine, you could be one of those folks out there that are reading these messages concerning the "pool" and thinking....."Man!!!, I would love to be swimming right now...it's better than not being in a pool at all....."

One question, did the mil folks that were deactived put in a class ahead of people that interviewed ahead or behind them?

I can't believe that no one reading these darn replies has nothing more than hearsay to write. At my previous 2 regionals it was very easy, as an employee to walk right into the training department and say " hey whats up how is the hiring going? " and get an answer on, when the classes were. how many and of whom. Its suprising to me that no Comair dudes have done a little research out to help their brothers!:(

PositiveRate said:
Is there any reasoning behind giving the CAA guys priority for class dates?

well, they HAVE to give those guys something for paying all that money for a flight education at CAA, don't they!?!?!?

also, for what it's worth, the company web site lists a new-hire class for aug 26th as well...

and to SQW7700, those of us at comair HAVE been doing research to help people out, and we HAVE posted said research on this msg board. i can assure you that things are day to day at comair in regard to classes. these guys on this boards know just about as much as we do flying the line. i just flew a two-day with a guy in the tng dept and he doesn't even know what's going on...

Last edited:
Well, talked to Linda this morning. She's by far the nicest of the bunch, but they don't keep her in the loop as much as Sharon. She confirmed a lot of the rumors here....they ARE trying to balance the class with CFIs, Military, and 121 guys/girls. Aug 19th/26th are 6 each, September classes are a maybe....she said plan on october or later.

She mentioned something about Bombardier threatening to go on strike again? Haven't heard that one yet. In any case, the aug classes are finishing up the february interviewees and then some march and CAA guys.

Good luck to everyone. I'm waiting to hear back from an ACA interview and will likely go that direction if they give me the nod. If anyone older, more experienced and more jaded than me thinks this would be a bad idea, please chime in. It's hard to think long term with only 5 more unemployment checks left.

Pay

How much, if any does Comair pay during training? Also what is first and second year FO pay?

-Menace

Thanx Anaconda,
I have been keeping track and have read many of you and Gaum360 replies over the last month or two. I appreciate your efforts. I really want to work for Comair and its just very discouraging how they are going about the process. Firstly they have too many in the pool, they don't even send a letter every once and a while to say your still on the list, they hire people out of sequence and to put salt in the wound they continue to hire! I personally have made the mistake of trying to follow their "carrot" for 6 months now and have missed many oportunites thinking they'll call me soon. Now I have no money and I can't even get a job as a waiter.

i feel your frustration...the situation wasn't much better when i got hired back in jan of 2001. i was told then to expect to wait up to six months for a class. i even took a job with another airline only to have them call a couple of weeks later and give me a class date. it can be a pain in the @$$, but trust me, it's worth it.

on top of that two weeks into it all i got my walking papers as a result of the strike. comair held out the promise of getting the 86 of us back to work after everything was settled. it was a stressful three months but i can tell you that comair came through on their promise, and i believe they will with all of you in the pool as well.

i'm willing to bet that the 20 or so people that didn't come back after the strike (out of 86) are regretting that decision.

the only thing i can suggest is if at all possible let them know you will take a shortfall for a class, and be ready to go on a few hours notice. i know that has worked for a few people.

i'm not sure what the story is with the military people, but expect that comair is going to have to dangle at least a little bit of a carrot to the people that went through the academy. they paid too much for their ratings not to at least get something out of the deal. i saw it myself after we got "terminated", and it was understandable...

i will be in cvg in two weeks for crj tng, and if i hear anything i will try and post it on here, but i expect to be pretty busy so you guys might just get the gouge before i do...

HANG TIGHT YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE!

Latest resources

Back