Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Visceral said:
Colgan could pay the same on the SAAB as the Beech, but nobody with stripes wins with that proposal. BTW, Skywest has different pay for FOs on the Bro and CRJ.

nobody with stripes wins ? huh ?

usually jet/prop fo and ca pay is different, that's normal, but here at colgan the fo's get that extra dollar for ..... ummm ... doing less work and not freezing their peanuts off waiting for grandma to go up the airstair ....

the difference in captain pay is ok, what's not ok is that someone hired 10 months after I was is making more money cuz he got the saab instead of the beech, the problem is colgan is too cheap to do anything based on seniority like a real airline does ........ but that goes along with how everything works here ....

TheBigH said:

usually jet/prop fo and ca pay is different, that's normal, but here at colgan the fo's get that extra dollar for ..... ummm ... doing less work and not freezing their peanuts off waiting for grandma to go up the airstair ....

the difference in captain pay is ok, what's not ok is that someone hired 10 months after I was is making more money cuz he got the saab instead of the beech, the problem is colgan is too cheap to do anything based on seniority like a real airline does ........ but that goes along with how everything works here ....

The mess is, if colgan wasn't that cheap then that dude behind you never may have even been hired, let alone gotten that saab upgrade.

BRA said:
The mess is, if colgan wasn't that cheap then that dude behind you never may have even been hired, let alone gotten that saab upgrade.

you're right, but why stop there, we can start a whole series on:

"if colgan wasn't that cheap," __________________

TheBigH said:

TheBigH,
I think I'm on the same page with you. At skywest, the prop fos and jet fos have different pay. The jets pay more, but I don't know if they work harder or not. They do have more seats though. Most saab fos know the beech guys work much, much harder(the transitioned beech guys won't let you forget ;) ). But, I'd rather the company pay more for more seats, as this used to be the industry standard.

Every other airline that has multiple types of aircraft does this. Training classes are run to fill whatever slots they need filled. Most have a seat lock of one year just like Colgan does. Upgrade is faster on the beech and then after one year you're allowed to transition to the slaab.

bender said:
Every other airline that has multiple types of aircraft does this. Training classes are run to fill whatever slots they need filled.

You are correct! Colgan is not the only airline to do this. I know personally of at least two other airlines that do this. American Eagle, and FedEx. Whatever airplane you get, determines your pay for the second year. First year pay is basically the same.

I saw a new 340B in united colors at manashole while we got stuck with the bonus repo last night. THey said it just came in from Roswell yesterday. Any ideas where it's going?

Latest resources

Back