• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Update!! 1-22-07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I guess the being at the back of the line counts as being in line?

Apparently so. Though we all know coming in what we would make so I don't complain about pay. But, what bothers me is how they distort the facts on the call and try to have us perceive we are at an advantage. Let's call a spade a spade here.

It is regrettable that you where brought into the whipsaw game by a corporate hostile take over, but you will see in the next few months the Nonconnah shuffle at its best, when they dangle the 76 seaters in front of you for the lowest rate in the industry, while our negotiation are at a stand still with a March 31st. deadline to settle or lose the airplanes that where just returned to the line. Whipsaw at its best, these folks learned from the best "mind game" players in the industry, your friendly and employee oriented folks from Eagan, MN.

Anybody on here have the # for the 4pm conference call. Us dispatchers would like to get in on it, to see how long it might take until we move to memphis and all :). Feel free to pm me with it. Thanks!

CC # 2 delayed untill 5pm EST. The number changed - it is on crewtrac.

Does it matter what we make and you make? We are still 2 SEPERATE companies. That is like compairing NW to DELTA and saying "you make more than me, that is not fair."

From what these guys have said on the call it is clear that yeah both airline pay rates suck. Good news is that if your pay goes up or down, that does not mean ours should also. 2 SEPARATE companies.

We can't take your flight routes and you can't take ours. You get more markets we keep ours. You get NW flying we don't (thank God)

So what is the big deal about?

Now if we merged then I could see these issues having some merit. But for now it is just another day.

Do your research.

We only get 1.25% match on 401k from years 1-5.
6-9 is only 2.4%.
10-12 years, 4.2%.
13 or more, 4.9.

The company not to long ago put a full page ad in the USA Today stating we had "Industry Leading" 401k. Welcome to the Nonconnah lies. We are far behind on what other companies contribute to their "People".

As an example..... A first year FO would receive only 259 dollars (for the entire year) from this company toward their 401k. That equals 10.79 per pay for 1000hrs of service in a year. Combine low pay scales with 1.25% and you aren't missing much.

If you want to stay 13 years, then you can enjoy the 4.9%, but hey, everyone is suppose to get their PIC and leave, so who cares.

PS- The average amount that US companies contribute to their VALUED employees 401k is 6%. Industry leading? I don't think so.

Do your research.

We only get 1.25% match on 401k from years 1-5.
6-9 is only 2.4%.
10-12 years, 4.2%.
13 or more, 4.9.

The company not to long ago put a full page ad in the USA Today stating we had "Industry Leading" 401k. Welcome to the Nonconnah lies. We are far behind on what other companies contribute to their "People".

As an example..... A first year FO would receive only 259 dollars (for the entire year) from this company toward their 401k. That equals 10.79 per pay for 1000hrs of service in a year. Combine low pay scales with 1.25% and you aren't missing much.

If you want to stay 13 years, then you can enjoy the 4.9%, but hey, everyone is suppose to get their PIC and leave, so who cares.

PS- The average amount that US companies contribute to their VALUED employees 401k is 6%. Industry leading? I don't think so.

Yeah but Colgan matches 0.0%

You know if you think your 401K match sucks it is better anyhow to invest in a Roth IRA. More choices on your mutual funds and only taxed on your principle not your capital gains unlike the 401K!
In the long run you could save up to 1 million bucks vs. a 401K (studies have shown) due to taxes!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back