• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Update!! 1-22-07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See the attitude at Colgan is much different than most places. We are in and out in about 3 years. We don't care about long term stuff. After two years our minds are numb and we no longer know how long we have been here. the majors don't hire us, they rescue us. That has been the Colgan way since it started.

I thought it was interesting during the FAQ review that they mentioned a union. It was something along the lines of "if the pilots choose to have a union, that is their prerogative." With ALPA's regional track record, mgmt probably had to work hard trying not to laugh.

That is not a desireble outcome. The seniority lists should be integrated.

Turbo

Sorry, but that's not the plan at all. Until they decide NOT to operate the two airlines separately then the SL's will be separate as well. And as I understand it PAI will fly any new jets and CA will fly any and all turboprops.

Sorry, but that's not the plan at all. Until they decide NOT to operate the two airlines separately then the SL's will be separate as well. And as I understand it PAI will fly any new jets and CA will fly any and all turboprops.

First off, I didn't say plan, I said desirable outcome.

Second, that would depend upon if ALPA decides to and successfully argues that the 9E contract requires integration.

As for PAI flying jets/CA on props, they are under no restriction to keep it that way. Hence, major potential for whipsaw.

Turbo

As for PAI flying jets/CA on props, they are under no restriction to keep it that way. Hence, major potential for whipsaw.

Turbo

Potential is everywhere. Most of our planes can't fly your routes. They are either under contract for EAS for that specific airframe type, or just too damn old/slow/small to do some of the flying you guys do. An RJ would only fit on maybe 5 of our routes and actually turn a profit. I'm not debating ya, just gettin that out there. I've decided to stay out of this FI debate for a bit.

If PT switches up the A/C types, he'd have one hell of a mess on his hands. A saab would have to make 2 stops between FLL and say Indy. An RJ from CHO to IAD wouldn't make a dime if it was more full than a public bus in India. And all of that happens before both pilot groups go nuts

Second, that would depend upon if ALPA decides to and successfully argues that the 9E contract requires integration.

Doesn't sound likely.

The uncertainty mixed with complete distrust of managements motives sucks for you guys. and us.

Potential is everywhere. Most of our planes can't fly your routes.

Your current planes. So, Phil says, "Colgan pilots will fly the CRJ900 aircraft cheaper than PNCL pilots, so they get the new CR900 aircraft we are going to be flying for DELTA airlines)". And then, a few years later, he says "PNCL pilots will fly the EMB190 airplane cheaper than Colgan pilots, so they get the new aircraft for Continental airlines". Then we both lose. And so do pilots at other airlines (including "The Majors").

Turbo
Edited to plain english for pilots that don't like algebra ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back