Colgan street captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
340SAM,
I'm thinking that if managment was to seat lock Beech Captains. Let's face it, the 1900 is on it's way out sooner than later. The company NEVER made an offical announcement that they had 3 aircraft going back to Raytheon this summer. Raytheon is getting out of the 1900 leasing business and as leases are up the aircraft are going back.
Think of how you are going to feel if they hire into the left-seat of the "Q" and they tell you that you can't transition because we don't have enough F/Os qualified for upgrade. Don't assume that this whole operation can't and won't fall on it's face. Management has made some short-sighted decisions to keep the operation moving and at the same time trying to implement a grandiose strategic business plan. To all the CJC pilots busting their collective A**ES Good on ya', and keep it up. However, I hope it won't all be for nothing.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Would the street CA thing only be because there are FOs that don't have ATP mins? Or because there are no applicants filling seats left behind be upgrades?

Would the street CA thing only be because there are FOs that don't have ATP mins? Or because there are no applicants filling seats left behind be upgrades?

Between a dried up list of qualified fo's and pure desperation for people, street captains are going to be a necessity. I'll feel sorry for any Saab FO who gets stuck in the middle when the party is over. We'll always have a fairly decent amount of attrition though I'm sure.

Last week in manassas chuck said it will probably be oct when they will be hiring street capt. It's a good point that there could be a lot of people with 1000 in type without meeting atp mins.

Between a dried up list of qualified fo's and pure desperation for people, street captains are going to be a necessity. I'll feel sorry for any Saab FO who gets stuck in the middle when the party is over.

It's not sunshine and lollys for the street capt. either. Your always on the bottom of the list.

Latest resources

Back