Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fred Rogers said:
Am I the only one to point out the nerds here? Is it a coinkidink that there is a seperate debate about the chemical makeup of jet fuel between people with ERJ in their names?

Colgan Rules.. Saabs Rule.. PQI Rules!!!

coinkidink? since when did they let teenage girls fly saabs?

Hulk Hogan said:
SAAB B+ 29000 mtow, 28500 ldgwt, 26500 zerofuel. Straight B's (B- for the XJ gang) use the same numbers. SAAB A 28000 mtow, 27200 ldgwt, 25700 zerofuel. There was a big difference between flying the B's and B+'s. If I remember right (been six months) controll force on the yoke was different with the straight b's needing a lot more. They didn't seem to perform as well either but that may have just been me. They all paid the same so in the end I didn't really care. I loved flying the SAAB, I am glad for the opportunity and would have enjoyed more time and running the tiller. One negative though, the new weight and balance numbers are killing the usefulness of the SAAB. If you are going to be using these on routes with heavy loads get ready for some angry pax. I would just sit up front and hang my head as they begged for someone to give up their seat. I hope that was just a NWA thing not industry standard. Cya

the B's are super heavy on the controls. especially in a Xwind. But yeah the weights are killing us. esp with all the friggin checked bags these days

heywatchthis said:
Colgan Expanding - Could there be truth to this?

With all the roomers, I noticed Climbto350.com has Colgan posting hiring pilots every other day. Why are they interviewing so much? Maybe the roomers are coming true. Delta codeshare, more USair codeshare, more United codeshare, or even the dreaded more Contental codeshare?

Whats your guess?

Oh and to judge a winner pick the codeshare and the date of offical announcement!

Not to be picky...but it is RUMORS!!! not ROOMERS!

I saw a Saab (N361PX I believe) painted in NW Airlink colors (minus the logos and lettering, however) taxi onto the Trajen ramp at IAH while I was there yesterday afternoon in our G-IV.

some maintainence people told me that they were just getting 3 to replace the 3 A models we gave back to saab...they said they had heard nothing of 10.

The virgin mary told me ( appears to me once a week in the middle of the 3 rd level of Halo) that there will be expansion on the United side with an announcement next week. Her son also told me ( Tiger woods 2003 6th hole Bethpage Black) that Prop 2 Jet like men.
- John the Baptist

Prop2Jet said:
Roomers- Verb, Pronoun: "a rapid expansion in room for an airline pilot" "To have become more roomy"

No, no, no. Roomers are what regional pilots that own their homes get to help cover the mortgage payment. If you're lucky, your wife doesn't find them attractive when you're gone on those 4-days.

Roomers: also synonym for crashpadders.

Latest resources

Back