Colgan picking up 10 ex Mesaba/Pinnacle SAABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N361PX in heavy check

I was at the hanger yesterday. 361PX is there and getting a heavy check. It's a B model (has all the APR lights). Mx says it's in good shape. It's going to AZ for United paint as soon as the heavy check is done. The two A models are not leaving the fleet, but will be repainted in USAir colors and sent somewhere (BUF?). A total of 10 Saabs are coming and will be used for expansion throughout all three carriers (UAL, USA, CAL).

In addition, check airman ranks are being beefed up after very little action in the way of additions in the past nine months. IAH ops said two were out yesterday getting their line training done. Also, interview schedules have approximately doubled in the past month. We are interviewing weekly now. Internally we have received two requests from HR for internal pilot referrals in the past month.

Colgan's original contract with CAL for IAH operations included seven 50 seaters (plan was for the Saab 2000). That was put on hold when CAL realized they needed to think bigger; hence the 70 seat RFP. Colgan is a finalist for the contract. (there, George, does that start the rumor up again? ) :)

Last edited:
Yeah and this is all of what I said I am just not as articulate as you because I only have 3 stripes and a speech impediment and trouble with vowels and words begining with the letter S. On another note unfortunately do to high demand of my talent I will being leaving Colgan and going on to another carrier. It has been fun but Cape Air has always been my dream. Take care all.

... On another note unfortunately do to high demand of my talent I will being leaving Colgan and going on to another carrier. It has been fun but Cape Air has always been my dream. Take care all.

Aw, George, sorry to see you go. But hey, Cape Air, I'd be gone in a flash too. Did you know somebody? Did you get Guam? ;)

Aw, George, sorry to see you go. But hey, Cape Air, I'd be gone in a flash too. Did you know somebody? Did you get Guam? ;)

Yeah I knew somebody. 21 months to get a phone call but I finally did. I know a check airman there. I don't know where I will be based. If you play your cards right maybe you many know someone there too. I may recommend people once I am there a little while.

Yeah I knew somebody. 21 months to get a phone call but I finally did. I know a check airman there. I don't know where I will be based. If you play your cards right maybe you many know someone there too. I may recommend people once I am there a little while.

thanks but no thanks. i am holding out to hopefully meet someone from great lakes to walk my resume. Or maybe regions. Aim high bro!

It is all about Go jets for me man! I just love the gateway call sign! Have fun George flying your little piston planes with rich people. One day man I am to be just like you. I love you bro....

Latest resources

Back