• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan News Network for Nov 30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They all sent a letter to "dirty pack of cigaretts" basically telling him to deal with it or they'll be letting the FAA know what's been going on.

He actually told me that sice he was someone's flight instructor, that gave him the infallibilty over the book. If there was a proceure he didn't like, he's have it changed. In the interim, he'd disregard the procedure, callout etc..

Holy sh@#... Almost forgot one of the funnier things.

He kept track of every little thing FOs did that he thought was wrong. Say you checked in with center and said "with you" or happen to throw an "and" in there.... You would get a nice letter in the mail with the appropriate section of the AIM highlighted and the letter telling you that you're not following proper protocol or some other such garbage..

Holy sh@#... Almost forgot one of the funnier things.

He kept track of every little thing FOs did that he thought was wrong. Say you checked in with center and said "with you" or happen to throw an "and" in there.... You would get a nice letter in the mail with the appropriate section of the AIM highlighted and the letter telling you that you're not following proper protocol or some other such garbage..

After flying with him awhile, I used to see how much time I could get him to waste looking up stuff and photocopying it. What a dipsh!t.

When I finally got out of SYR and got based in SHD, ole "Bubba" was the first guy I flew with. People had been hyping up how rough he was to fly with (I think he does harrass FOs a lot if they're very young), but I had a great time. I was cracking up all day with his little one liners.

Me: "...and there's a PAPI on the left. Any questions?"
Bubba: "Yeah. Why you so dumb?!"

Me - after getting ATIS: "I'm back on 1."
Bubba: "No changes. You still dumb... 'n ugly!"

After flying with him awhile, I used to see how much time I could get him to waste looking up stuff and photocopying it. What a dipsh!t.

When I finally got out of SYR and got based in SHD, ole "Bubba" was the first guy I flew with. People had been hyping up how rough he was to fly with (I think he does harrass FOs a lot if they're very young), but I had a great time. I was cracking up all day with his little one liners.

Me: "...and there's a PAPI on the left. Any questions?"
Bubba: "Yeah. Why you so dumb?!"

Me - after getting ATIS: "I'm back on 1."
Bubba: "No changes. You still dumb... 'n ugly!"

And Jeb thought the we were the cowboys up north....

And Jeb thought the we were the cowboys up north....

SHD kind of reminded me of the Dukes of Hazzard. Although geographically close to Northern Virginia (where I lived), it was three legs to HEF, which was far enough to keep a low profile most of the time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back