• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah! The game's afoot!

found this today:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061130/sfth073.html?.v=76

these are new tail numbers, not the new ones seen in HEF or IAH.

found this also:

http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/...icArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149191806216&path=

keep hope alive!

The 3 planes mentioned in the first article are not new planes...237, 242, and 239 are USAirways planes and have been here at Colgan since 2000. What happened here is that another bank bought the notes on the planes. Kinda like your mortgage being sold by one bank to another, that's all. Happens all the time. These are not the new planes that Colgan just bought from another bank that were once in the Mesaba/Pinnacle fleet. Those serial #s are 261, 256, 248 I thnk.

As for article 2, Don't worry, Colgan is keeping their eye on LYH. But since there are no planes right now to expand, this may not occur until 2007 if at all. LYH needs more service big time and Colgan running to IAD on UAL would be great but will it be profitable? That's why LYH is trying to front all the $$$ it can to offset profitability because they (LYH) know it may not be. $405K may not be enough to lure anyone in.

Colgan won't expand til 2007 if they do. The 3 new Saabs coming in like I said before are here to replace the A's (121 and 35) with #3 as a spare til 311 and that USAir Saab that weather-vaned into the belt loader in ORF during one of the wind storms comes back.

But bet your bottom $$, that the bank that has those other 7 Saabs are doing some wheeling and dealing with HEF to get those planes in the air.

Tune in and see what happens, should be fun.

I think the 3 "new-to-Colgan" Saabs are just about ready to fly (guess options are on the table for 7 more planes.) The new plane in HEF is going through it's final conformity checks, if I'm not mistaken. I heard "nay" in the Xmas bonus...

Also, I just heard that a guy with seniority ~195 got a call for upgrade interview. Can anyone confirm that?? So, is ~#195/2200TT/1000Type where we stand for upgrade/interview?? Any info would be appreciated!

By the way, anyone know how Colgan is paid from USAir, United, and Continental? Is it per departure or per seat sold? Just curious....

Do the Colgan...

Snaab

Poor SNAAB.....I know you're hurtin'.
You'll be there soon enough. Oh, and next time you run into any other twerps like that TSA guy....beat his ass for me....goddam goons.

As for a Christmas bonus, if we all get one, consider yourselves lucky. Most other companies don't give a damn about their people. I know doing the Colgan, while receiving a Colganoscopy can be painful, but at least the Senator gives eveyone 50 bucks on his b-day, and we actually MIGHT GET this bonus...
Do the Colgan...
Big hairy Beech Balls....

Colgan doesn't get paid by it's partners

By the way, anyone know how Colgan is paid from USAir, United, and Continental? Is it per departure or per seat sold? Just curious....

If I'm not mistaken, most of Colgan's contracts are based on Colgan paying all expenses but also getting the revenue. They pay all associated expenses with a route and then pay the partner a small fee for reservations/marketing. In return they get to use the name, have control over a lot of their schedules (when, where, how often) and set most of their own pricing. If the passenger is only traveling on Colgan they get all the money and if they are connecting, they get the portion of the fare for their part of the passenger's itinerary.

It seems to work well. They assume all the risk (one reason the partner's like them) but they control their own airline and it's destiny.

I think the 3 "new-to-Colgan" Saabs are just about ready to fly (guess options are on the table for 7 more planes.) The new plane in HEF is going through it's final conformity checks, if I'm not mistaken. I heard "nay" in the Xmas bonus...

Also, I just heard that a guy with seniority ~195 got a call for upgrade interview. Can anyone confirm that?? So, is ~#195/2200TT/1000Type where we stand for upgrade/interview?? Any info would be appreciated!

Do the Colgan...

Snaab

I hear they call you for the interview at about two thousand hours of flight time. I also hear that the captain roster is full so the upgrades will prolly slow down for the time being.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back