• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't knock CJC too much...spent 5 years there and it was not too bad..."It is what it is" 5 years and then to WN....look ahead 5 years...it could be a good time to get in. In 5 years the 65'ers will be gone and things could be very different. Get some good experience enjoy the flying and move on. If you can not move on well go in another direction. Just have fun doing it! PS only been at WN for 18 months so it is not too long ago.

That sounds simple enough. The problem is if you don't have the timing right, you could be stuck at Colgan.

Just send two letters in the same envelop to your current employer that you're furloughed from. One letter that reads that you're resigning your # and the other letter that reads to disregard the first. I think they'll get the point and back you up.
Lots of guys at Flyi did that when they were furloughed and the company promised to tare up the first letter.

NJA is accepting resignation letters. If you send one in, you ain't coming back. None of the usual "brush it under the rug" stuff like every other carrier.

NJA is accepting resignation letters. If you send one in, you ain't coming back. None of the usual "brush it under the rug" stuff like every other carrier.

"only NetJets...." Man that slogan just makes me shake my head more and more the further we get into this stuff.

Just send two letters in the same envelop to your current employer that you're furloughed from. One letter that reads that you're resigning your # and the other letter that reads to disregard the first. I think they'll get the point and back you up.
Lots of guys at Flyi did that when they were furloughed and the company promised to tare up the first letter.

It's a shame that people do this. It's probably why they won't hire any furloughees as they know they will bolt as soon as recalled, which could be en masse if the economy gets out of the crapper.

It's a shame that people do this. It's probably why they won't hire any furloughees as they know they will bolt as soon as recalled, which could be en masse if the economy gets out of the crapper.

Unlikely with NJA. I'll put money on my kid being in kindergarten before I get recall. He's 18 months old now.

Several of us got on with little to no turbine PIC. We're screwed. We're not going to get picked up at Air Tran and such with no PIC time, and we're not going to get picked up at a regional with as much total time as we have plus recall rights to a good paying job (albeit most of us will be drawing social security by the time we get it). Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue!:rolleyes: I'd rather get crabs than go back to a regional, but there aren't any damn desk jobs out there either.

Latest resources

Back