• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance that furloughed CAL pilots would consider flying for Colgan for the sake of having a JOB? Maybe yes and maybe no.

Any chance that furloughed CAL pilots would consider flying for Colgan for the sake of having a JOB? Maybe yes and maybe no.

Uhm, not likely. The few furloughed CAL pilots I know have found pretty decent, well paying desk jobs and are waiting it out.

-FW

express jet is the one flying mainline routes in the ERJ's. CAL gave Colgan ewr-dca and ewr-bos shuttle flights that were 737... oh wait.. express does them as well. In the end CAL awards the flying to the regionals. Blame your management. As Thurman stated, most of the Colgan Dash 8's do 1.0 to 1.5hr flights.... Not to say that 737's don't or can't do those short haul flights ( I think they should). Those ERJ's do some LONG ass flights for CAL. Again, I do not blame the pilots at expressjet or Colgan, just the scumbag mgt.

I've been working for Colgan for almost 5 years now and am in the top 20% of the seniority list. I think post 9/11 Colgan Hired some NorthWest Pilots and they kept their seniority, not 100% just an old rumor. I like it, but I flew single pilot cargo before so anythings better than that. The nuts and bolts of it are 15 Q's will come online soon then we have options for 15 more for an undisclosed airline in 2011 so next year then another 15 for Continental in 2013. So as long as everything pans out once they start hiring for the next Q's they probably will continue to some degree for the next two years, probably stretched out a little but non the less more pilots to push you up the seniority list.

Latest resources

Back