• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never flown the Q, but I like the Saab, doesn't cool for $hit in the summer but I'm used to it. Also takes a long time to find the sweet spot as far as getting a good landing goes. Also old as hell and you have mx probably at least once a day, mostly small things though.

I've been working for Colgan for almost 5 years now and am in the top 20% of the seniority list. I think post 9/11 Colgan Hired some NorthWest Pilots and they kept their seniority, not 100% just an old rumor. I like it, but I flew single pilot cargo before so anythings better than that. The nuts and bolts of it are 15 Q's will come online soon then we have options for 15 more for an undisclosed airline in 2011 so next year then another 15 for Continental in 2013. So as long as everything pans out once they start hiring for the next Q's they probably will continue to some degree for the next two years, probably stretched out a little but non the less more pilots to push you up the seniority list.

Have you reached the loser first page on the seniority list?

and morons like you take this career further into the crapper.

You make assumptions that make you look highly uninformed. You obviously no nothing about the person at whom you are hurling your 3d grade insults. Just so you know...

Last edited:
Which is the better aircraft to fly at Colgan, the Saab 340 or Q400?

I personally think the plane doesn't matter. All the senior guys are going to fly the Q, so if your a new hire you will get paid the same as an FO (I know thats unfair, but I dont own the company and cant change that) so if you want your seniority to go up faster than I'd vote for the Saab. Seniority is everything, weekends off, holidays, upgrade.

Working for two regional airlines in the past, I have a good idea of what senoiroty is. When I worked as a ramp agent at BWI in the early 1990's, scheduling was a day we all waited for to see who got leftovers. When I worked for ACA's Dulles Maint. facility in the late 1990's and early 2000's, seniority wasn't a factor. Most employees who worked in the maint. hanger worked nights and a few worked days.

Family Oriented ... well I guess it is if you have an abusive father

Family-oriented?? Worked there for 2 1/2 of the longest years of my life and never saw this environment. Was told once that I would have to choose between my family and my job by a D.O.M. Needless to say, family won out.

Latest resources

Back