Colgan Called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats

I couldn't tell you about the 1900 class except that the 1900 to SAAB transitions have slowed because they don't have enough qualified FO's to upgrade to 1900 Capt.

Johnstown and Jamestown are a lot of work for not a lot of time... Albany and Manasses will work you to death on part 91 legs picking up broken airplanes. Two very senior SAAB basses Presque Isle and Norfolk are coming open to FO's due to upgrades. Both are great for flight time.

PQI is cold but the summer and the people are great. It's a cake run too.

The commute to PQI from BWI is on AirTran or CoEx I think but one leg to BOS and then Colgan to PQI.

Hope this helps... I've had great luck at Colgan... Remember in training don't forget to learn your flows and memory items.(it's what you really need in the sim)

Oh and don't expect a base assignment until after you get out of sim.

msk2468 said:
are you guys in a 1900 pool? If so, why? I am trying to figure out how this works and if I will be hurting myself if I cant make this May Saab class.

I think they will put us in there ERJ-170 Class. It starts in June. But seriously, don't have know how it works. If I knew I won't be worrying about it. All I know is that all the classes since I interview has been saabs. That's my WAG.

Originally Posted by Z28_Pilot
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!"

Aircraft Experience: bugsmashers,ERJ 135/145/XR
Flight Experience: Civilian
Ratings: Comm ASEL,AMEL,CFI,CFII,MEI
Current Position: F/O
Total Time: mins

This 61(k recepticle should keep his cake hole shut. Where does he get off making coments like this? He's nothing more than a gear queen, for the next 6 years. LOSER!
earn some turbine pic first.

Send your #'s to Comair, hiring has gone wild, and lots of new hires with 1000-1200 TT.
As long as they can keep Mesa at bay, they're hiring like mad!

Oh yeah, and by the way
just got out of the SIM(note my time of posting this message),
Q.O.L. 82 days of training, and they pay you...
Really, we did get a paycheck all these weeks, even with all that:
Comair is the best RJ regional to be with!

People are upgrading with 500-1000 in type at colgan, and between 6 months to a year with the company. What is it at comair? Comair is the better company, but it is something to keep in mind.

Upgrade is historically around 3 years at Comair, but with the addition of the new airplanes, the three new bases, and the fact that they've been running low on F/O's for the last 6 months or so, people are talking about 2-2.5 yrs now. Time required is 3000 ttl, 1000 multi and 500 company for PIC.

As long as Mesa doesn't price us out of our routes, we're golden. And, pawise, don't forget that a 2nd year F/O makes a lot more than PIC at Colgan

Latest resources

Back