Colgan Called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetdok

Colgan called today to offer a start date.
Question is give up a great job to start a new career that will hopefully pan out in the future? Know need to start somwhere to get 121 turbine experience.
Where are new hires usually getting a base that they can hold and is commutable?

jetdok said:
Question is give up a great job to start a new career that will hopefully pan out in the future? QUOTE]

Hopefully pan out in the future?? :confused: I suggest if you have a great job to keep it, and fly on the side.

jetdok said:
Question is give up a great job to start a new career that will hopefully pan out in the future? Know need to start somwhere to get 121 turbine experience.
Where are new hires usually getting a base that they can hold and is commutable?

If you want to fly why not do it until something better comes along. Colgan has lots of small bases and can send you where they want to, when the want to since they are non-union. I wouldn't count on any stability to base a sound decision on. Just plan on flying and forget QOL issues unless you get lucky and can work near your home. Go there....build some time and do what it takes to survive prior to moving on. Good luck.

Z28_Pilot said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

What a dork, good for him he got a job offer, those don't come around too often. You think because you are a shiny jet FO you are in a position to look down and make fun of him? Next time it may be you applying to Colgan, I'd love to see you laughing then...

Flechas said:
What a dork, good for him he got a job offer, those don't come around too often. You think because you are a shiny jet FO you are in a position to look down and make fun of him? Next time it may be you applying to Colgan, I'd love to see you laughing then...

Well said. Congrats to the original poster.

jetdok said:

Congrats!!!! When did u interview? And what plane are you getting? I interview over 2 month ago and still no word. Guess more waiting for me.

Congrats! did you interview in phx? pm me.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the bases in the NE?

Latest resources

Back