• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrat's, don't let all the tools on here detract you from a good opportunity. It's not the greatest place to work, but it will help you on your way. Lots of time and quick upgrade. Always be nice to Dot!!!

Congrats. If flying is what you want to do then go for it! I left a high paying sales job 2 yrs ago and I'm glad I did. I'm much happier now. Colgan may not be the best regional in the world but it's a foot in the door and it's a step in the right direction.

NE bases:

-Rochester i think currently has the title of "the life without shame" base, although BUF may be also have that title. Couldn't tell you why.

-SYR...one would have to dig deep into the colgan posts to dredge up the legendary stories of this base, most involve acts of cowboyism, fear, and courage.

-ALB...the base where everything breaks.

HYA, the base where everything breaks.

PQI, the base where everything freezes, and rumor has it once it was an FO's hand to the door handle of an aircraft.

HPN- the base where everything costs a lot.

AOO-where everything sucks a lot.

Z28_Pilot said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy flying your shiny jet. When this Colgan dude upgrades in 6 months, gets his PIC turbine, gets the hell to SWA, JB, CAL, or somewhere, and you're just upgrading to the left seat of your shiny jet, he can make a post that says

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! back.

BHB - cold, but scenic in summer

Aug - cold, but visits to the super wallymart are always a treat

PQI - colder than should be acceptable

LEB - the less said the better

CapnVegetto said:
Enjoy flying your shiny jet. When this Colgan dude upgrades in 6 months, gets his PIC turbine, gets the hell to SWA, JB, CAL, or somewhere, and you're just upgrading to the left seat of your shiny jet, he can make a post that says

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! back.

Very true statment!

"Originally Posted by CapnVegetto

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! back."

And ya'll wonder why you don't any respect??? I sure hope that this post wasn't made by one of the guys down in IAH...that attitude sux.

Mookie

HR confused and dazed?

I was called for a DX interview 2 weeks ago, HR was supposed to send the tickets over night to my house....the day before I was to go, HR calls says the other department made a mistake and did not send the tickets, so they rescheduled the interview for this Monday and said the tickets would be here by Last Wednesday...they never showed up....2 e-mails and a voice message later, and no reply from HR...nothing...hmmmmm

Is this a sign of how they operate? maybe for the better..

Good luck to the original poster and congrats on making it through the tough process of getting tickets to interview...he he!

jetdok said:
Colgan called today to offer a start date.
Question is give up a great job to start a new career that will hopefully pan out in the future? Know need to start somwhere to get 121 turbine experience.
Where are new hires usually getting a base that they can hold and is commutable?

Ok...Ok...I guess I got put in my place on that one!....don't let me rain on your parade while I try to remember where I came from....

Sincerely, CONGRATS!

Latest resources

Back