Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's try a different tact.....

First:

It appears that you have an expectation of ALPA.

Second:
I say that expectation is unrealistic....

Third:
Therefore, justify your expectation....

Nail in coffin:
If ALPA could...don't you you think it would be done? If not, why not?

Is there precendent? If so, what airline....

Firstly,

I expect a fiduciary responsibility to the membership of the Association. That isn't unreasonable, but has failed miserably. Age 65 much?

Secondly,

It is unrealistic in that we have a PAC that didn't listen to the majority of its membership. Prove me wrong, here.

I realize that's a drift from sitting idly and playing stranger while organized labor is subsumed, but the ability of the officers up top and their motives are still tarnished in the same manner. And, of course, that leads me to...

Thirdly,

I pay 2% and read the lofty position of the Association and their accomplishments monthly. I don't expect much, other than consistency. It hasn't been there, nor shall it return for a long while- at least as long as it is impossible to figure out who the stuffed shirts represent on either side of the table.

Nail in coffin:

Of course not! How can I expect any dirty work to be accomplished by a manicured set of dues scrabblers?

Captain Prater is about to "dirty his hands" via involvement with a regional airline's negotiations in a few hours. I'll reserve my final assessment when he is done.

Firstly,

I expect a fiduciary responsibility to the membership of the Association. That isn't unreasonable, but has failed miserably. Age 65 much?

So you are really angry about Age65.

But let's say you didn't say that...

HOW do you expect a fiduciary responsiblity... What do you expect the union to do.... spell it out. S-p-e-l-l it out...

Secondly,

It is unrealistic in that we have a PAC that didn't listen to the majority of its membership. Prove me wrong, here.

Are we talking about Age 65 or Midwest? If age 65, why are you talking about it, and what does it have to do with Midwest?

I realize that's a drift from sitting idly and playing stranger while organized labor is subsumed, but the ability of the officers up top and their motives are still tarnished in the same manner. And, of course, that leads me to...

Becasue they aren;t doing what you expect them to do, yet you can't tell us what those expectations are in detail... you know what you want done, you just don't know how it should be done, yet you expect others to know...

Thirdly,

I pay 2% and read the lofty position of the Association and their accomplishments monthly. I don't expect much, other than consistency. It hasn't been there, nor shall it return for a long while- at least as long as it is impossible to figure out who the stuffed shirts represent on either side of the table.

So you pay your dues and you expect service. Is the Union like a store in the Mall?

Nail in coffin:

Of course not! How can I expect any dirty work to be accomplished by a manicured set of dues scrabblers?

Captain Prater is about to "dirty his hands" via involvement with a regional airline's negotiations in a few hours. I'll reserve my final assessment when he is done.

Maybe you know something abouut the situation I don't..... let's hear it...

Still waiting on what you expect ALPA to do...

I quoted everything of substance, John. Or, Bill. Or.. whatever.

This would be turning the tables- ready?

You espouse "Fixing ALPA" in your avatar box.

What are you going to do that explicitly fixes the Association?

I quoted everything of substance, John. Or, Bill. Or.. whatever.

This would be turning the tables- ready?

You espouse "Fixing ALPA" in your avatar box.

What are you going to do that explicitly fixes the Association?

Trying to get guys like you to justify their unrealistic expectations in the effort to try and suggest that yo be more realistic....

Basically your pissed at Age 65, so you see this Midwest situation to jab ALPA.

Are you a Midwest pilot?

Trying to get guys like you to justify their unrealistic expectations in the effort to try and suggest that yo be more realistic....

Guys like me? Pilots with a legitimate claim? Damned right, sugar. Pilots like me. But I haven't lost my pension. I haven't watched it all run away amidst the f$$$ed up Las Vegas circle jerk meetings, but I'm still infuriated!

It must be a lack of intelligence, scooter. I'll let you ask more questions. In the mean-by-

Basically your pissed at Age 65, so you see this Midwest situation to jab ALPA.

Are you a Midwest pilot?
No, no, no, and no. I'm not pissed exclusively at the failure how our Association answered the age 65 rule, what it represents and how our Association failed to meet the voice of its constituents. Nice try.

No, no, no, and no. I'm not a Midwest pilot. I don't have to be...

I'm an ALPA PILOT!

WHO THE F$$K ARE YOU?

I fly a Dash 8, you jibbering gimp. I do so as a Captain (capital "C").

You have effortlessly proven how much discord you have fomented in your wine swilling BOD meetings.

Welcome to the bed you made, now go to sleep.

You failed to answer my question- one that begged for and is premised on substance- but you didn't. Please, show me how a guy like me, who has no dog in this fight vice being an ALPA member, should be inspired.

I await your further questions, and exasperated responses to (GASP) a guy who can actually stand up.

Company BITCH.

Last edited:
No, no, no, and no. I'm not pissed exclusively at the failure how our Association answered the age 65 rule, what it represents and how our Association failed to meet the voice of its constituents. Nice try.

I'd like to know what your opinion of ALPA would be if they had followed the slim majority of members opinions and fought age 65 to the bitter end only to lose (and we would have). The decision to get behind age 65 was one made by majority ratification of the Executive Board anyway. The EB is made up of the MEC chairman of all the ALPA carriers so its not fair to blame this on big bad ALPA National.

The first rule of politics is "know when you've lost".

Perhaps you should talk to your own reps who negotiated your horrendous scope language. Are you aware that the idiot who negotiated the scope language in your current contract is now working for the IBT? He bailed out long before he got furloughed. He's not concerned with the pilots of MEA, he's only concerned with himself and his own career aspirations inside the corrupt IBT organization.

Your own pilots stuck you with the swiss cheese scope language that allowed this to happen. Don't blame ALPA for your local mistakes.
Sorry PCL, you've outdone yourself once again. ALPA stuck the MEA pilots with the Swiss Cheese contract because it was "the best they could get."

It should sound familiar, numbnuts, because it's one of ALPA's favorite responses to pilot groups nationwide.

ALPA = FAIL

As always, GearYankerDoug, you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

As always, GearYankerDoug, you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.
From another "gearyanker"...no less:rolleyes:

The MEA contract is a sad demonstration of what ALPA's vast bag of "resources" brings to the table...not much.

Latest resources

Back