• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan ALPA Reps and ALPA Staff Meet with Congressman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The questions would follow a series of STATEMENTS. They are a series of crafted words that don't bounce culpability or imagination back to the audience- they actually state a position.

So yes, they would.

I swear to Christ, Frank* is rolling in his grave.

*Great-grandfather. Union guy. Wait, bona-fide ward steward; not a wine-sipping union dork with a blonde girl to his right.

So ALPA controls or has influence over business operations....

ALPA decides who stays in business.......

Air Line Pilots run airlines...

So ALPA controls or has influence over business operations....

ALPA decides who stays in business.......

Air Line Pilots run airlines...

At least you are clever enough to change the format of deflection.

ALPA certainly can affect change, public opinion, and policy.

ALPA certainly changes the way an airline can choose to operate. Need I cite examples, or should I wait for further questions? (that's called a device parry)

Funny how ALPA National is silent on the further stealing of Midwest jobs to a non-ALPA carrier. Nope they'd rather brag about AAI.

Perhaps you should talk to your own reps who negotiated your horrendous scope language. Are you aware that the idiot who negotiated the scope language in your current contract is now working for the IBT? He bailed out long before he got furloughed. He's not concerned with the pilots of MEA, he's only concerned with himself and his own career aspirations inside the corrupt IBT organization.

Your own pilots stuck you with the swiss cheese scope language that allowed this to happen. Don't blame ALPA for your local mistakes.

Jess laweezie folks....its simple!! More time between block in and block out, say 10 hrs min duty rest instead of 8hrs. Everyone knows 8 hrs block in block out is a joke!!! 20 mins to shut things down(without an issue), 10 mins to walk to meet the van, 10-15 mins waiting for van (if ur lucky) 15 min van ride, 10 min checkin time...30 mins eating (if ur lucky) and 30 mins shwr and try to go to sleep time 30 mins.... easy 2hrs "getting to the bed" !!! 6 hrs of sleep if ur lucky and don't want to eat breakfast!!!! These times are variable but its easy to see 8 hrs of "far legal rest" isn't exactly peaceful 8 hrs beauty sleep crews need!!!! and the FO should not have to be on foodstamps to provide for his family!!! have o made this issue to easy?

Jess laweezie folks....its simple!! More time between block in and block out, say 10 hrs min duty rest instead of 8hrs. Everyone knows 8 hrs block in block out is a joke!!! 20 mins to shut things down(without an issue), 10 mins to walk to meet the van, 10-15 mins waiting for van (if ur lucky) 15 min van ride, 10 min checkin time...30 mins eating (if ur lucky) and 30 mins shwr and try to go to sleep time 30 mins.... easy 2hrs "getting to the bed" !!! 6 hrs of sleep if ur lucky and don't want to eat breakfast!!!! These times are variable but its easy to see 8 hrs of "far legal rest" isn't exactly peaceful 8 hrs beauty sleep crews need!!!! and the FO should not have to be on foodstamps to provide for his family!!! have o made this issue to easy?

Ahem... ahem...

HACK COUGH WHEEZE

Lemme take it from here, Rez:

What are you gonna do about it, rumorhasit?

The questions would follow a series of STATEMENTS. They are a series of crafted words that don't bounce culpability or imagination back to the audience- they actually state a position.

So yes, they would.

I swear to Christ, Frank* is rolling in his grave.

*Great-grandfather. Union guy. Wait, bona-fide ward steward; not a wine-sipping union dork with a blonde girl to his right.

I couldn't agree more, my Grandpappy, retired 1978 from United. A big Union guy, far removed from the self serving, self righteous bastardization of ALPA we see today. He flew in WWII along with many of his collegues and new what "SACRIFICE" was all about, instead of that hollow, empty shelled, pig eyed sack of sh!t with a mustache in charge today. He grew up in the depression learned from the guys who flew the mail routes. What a difference leadership does with a Union, instead of worrying where the corporate retreat was going to be, or the next fishing trip, they were erecting the dam and effecting change instead of plugging holes when it is convenient or politically favorable. The silent generation gave away to the me generation and instead of the Gin and Bourbon crowd we get the Wine and Cheese crowd. To bad there are to few of these guys at ALPA now, ALPA is more political now than it ever was and an empty suit with flash will get you farther than pride, determination, and a backbone.

Last edited:
At least you are clever enough to change the format of deflection.

ALPA certainly can affect change, public opinion, and policy.

ALPA certainly changes the way an airline can choose to operate. Need I cite examples, or should I wait for further questions? (that's called a device parry)

Not only do you need to cite examples, in addition, you need to explain how those examples would become real.....

Looking forward to your reply....

Not only do you need to cite examples, in addition, you need to explain how those examples would become real.....

Looking forward to your reply....

That's absolutely it.

I've once again lost all faith in anyone up top in ALPA. Instead of question marks, you use ellipsis marks, and the result is still the same... (ain't it cute that I do the same?)

Perhaps you're playing the cool hand- a manager's manager, scrambling like hell to find an answer to a problem that is beyond you, or a kook that can't surf but can at least sport a tan.

Earlier and elsewhere I posited the dream I have of some sort of IQ test being an entry point for an interview.

Chalk up ALPA.

You simply can't... can not... can NOT expect squat if you simply beg for it from the front lines. You show me your thoughts, and I'll show you mine. Your Big Bill Hopson avatar is certainly puking his guts up right now.

Awaiting another question... all flash, no pan...

I couldn't agree more, my Grandpappy, retired 1978 from United.

I'd bet five doll hairs to doughnuts your Grandpappy worshiped his grandson (or daughter), and took zilch from anyone else. Period.

Pop was called "The Whip." It was awesome to watch him work, and even more fun to be his great-grandson. The suits hauled arse when I showed up, and Pop was devious enough to give me the CB to call out certain, uh, unsavory things to management.

Far cry from what we have 30 years hence.

* and you caught the wine reference! Don't get me wrong, I like wine. But Union work is straight whiskey, not a ponce opening the sluice (HAHAHAHAHAHAH) gates with a glass of claret next to a blond.

Last edited:
That's absolutely it.

I've once again lost all faith in anyone up top in ALPA. Instead of question marks, you use ellipsis marks, and the result is still the same... (ain't it cute that I do the same?)

Perhaps you're playing the cool hand- a manager's manager, scrambling like hell to find an answer to a problem that is beyond you, or a kook that can't surf but can at least sport a tan.

Earlier and elsewhere I posited the dream I have of some sort of IQ test being an entry point for an interview.

Chalk up ALPA.

You simply can't... can not... can NOT expect squat if you simply beg for it from the front lines. You show me your thoughts, and I'll show you mine. Your Big Bill Hopson avatar is certainly puking his guts up right now.

Awaiting another question... all flash, no pan...

Let's try a different tact.....

It appears that you have an expectation of ALPA.

I say that expectation is unrealistic....

Therefore, justify your expectation....

If ALPA could...don't you you think it would be done? If not, why not?

Is there precendent? If so, what airline....

Latest resources

Back