Colgan Air absorbing Express jet routes in saab 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
samfu_1 said:
Here's the ignorant element to this thread. Why would Colgan purchase the Saab 2000 instead of using jets for these routes? (company policy against them or what!!) I know operating costs weigh down on all of this.

Well, I don't know about Colgan or the Saab 2000, but it makes no sense to put a turbofan on the IAH-BPT, IAH-CLL, or the IAH-CRP route. The IAH-BPT run is 30 minutes at 6000 going and 5000 coming. Plus, ExpressJet has cut this route down to 3 daily departures. Skywest and now Colgan are already running part of this route with a prop. At some point you have to look at the money you're burning out the tailpipe and come up with something better.

One other thing, if you are looking for some better boards with less censorship come on over here http://clear-and-a-million.com/index.php

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I have recently been told that Colgan Air will be absorbing Express Jet routes in a cost saving measure by Continetal. The Saab 2000 will be taking over a number of routes out of IAH and CLE which were formerly express jet routes. The Saab 2000 operated by Colgan Air will operate at have the cost of Express and will be moving 50 seats. Plan to see this fiscal Q3 of 2006. Also, Colgan Air will be buying up Bankrupt mesaba's SF340s in a continuing effort to expand the Colgan Air cost saving fleet and to improve fleet commonality.

See, this is where crack smoking and flying do not mix: Colgan? Taking our routes......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah right, Sometimes I wonder why we even bother giving them those little fartknocker routes in the Saabs. As much as they have problems, I've heard more than one of the higher ups say they'd like to axe Colgan.

I agree prop Texas does suck really hard. It is hot and the people are stupid and wear stupid hats. They think bullriding is a sport lol. Oh and their steak sucks.

Fartknocker?? Are you serious?? It's amazing how everyone on this board seems to know a CAL exec, and even more amazing that the execs. tell some random douchebag that they aren't happy with one of their service providers.

It's also funny how the XJET guys get so defensive when anything bad is said about their airline, while the Colgan guys usually just play along. Are you really that proud that you're flying for a regional? The goal is to get the time, get out, and fly something not made in Brazil or Sweeden. Some of you are missing the point. Keep arguing about the stupid 2000. It will never get here, and we'll still be flying to the same destinations in the 340.

Last edited:
ATLplt,

Yes, many of Expressjet's pilots do get defensive when bad/inaccurate things are said about their airline. It's an interesting thing called pride. Attitudes like yours of get in, get your time, get out are a major contributing factor to why this whole profession is in the dumpster. If people did not jump at the first scumbag airline *cough*MESA*cough*cough* that hired them and waited 2 more weeks to get hired at the higher end regionals, then we wouldn't see half the whip-sawing we do. Not working for crud wages/working conditions sends a message to management that they need to bring their contracts up to scale, instead of bragging about their "competitive cost structure."

But it won't happen until some miracle arises and supply of idots stops popping out of pilot-factories ready to "get their time" on their way to that job at united. I suggest 135 hiring mins at the 121 level to put a dent in it.

We all need to wake up and smell the new realities of the industry! Judging from what has happened at Air Wisky, Comair and probably others, nothing and I mean nothing... is far fetched. Prepare, prepare, prepare cause walmartization of this industry seems to be the new hot item. I truly believe, that no matter where you're sitting right now, this trend could, might and probably will affect you.

pilotkppsg said:
Colgan? Taking our routes......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah right, Sometimes I wonder why we even bother giving them those little fartknocker routes in the Saabs.

Wow everybody it's Larry Kellner! That sure was mighty nice of you to give Colgan some routes!

Also, where have you been? Skywest and now Colgan HAS taken many routes we used to do in the jet.

Latest resources

Back