Colgan Air absorbing Express jet routes in saab 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This rumor is based on some fact!

CAL replaced SKYW becuase they were unwilling to get a new fleet type. CAL would like a 50 seat turbo prop. Some thing like a ATR or DASH. Colgan was willing to get a larger turbo prop.

With SKYW buying ASA, they now own ATR's. So there is a chance they will operate them for CAL again. Currently CAL is not happy with the service provided by Colgan.

Currently CAL is not happy with the service provided by Colgan.

Has anyone ever been happy with the service provided by Colgan? Yet, they continue to grow and grow... Kind of like that wart on the side of Mike's face....

Mesa is only using IAH until the ERJs are out of CLT. Then the CRJs will move over from IAH to CLT.

Very interesting theory about ASA...I never thought of that...

Oh well, I still love the fact that the weight restrictions on the slaab are worse than the emb's they replaced.

Mookie

I love this thread.... How much more speculation can we stir up over the initial post by George who by the way posts this stuff to get a rise out of people! Job well done George! Hey next thread should be "why is paying for training bad?" hahhahahhah :)

FLy safe and thanks for the entertainment again!

P2J

There are a pair of Saab 2000's sitting in CLT everyonce in awhile! Some NASCAR racing team owns them! Nice looking Airplanes!
But if a regional was gonna start buying Cabin Class airplanes (TurbProps) ... Well, I would go for the Dash Q Series... Or the ATR's!!

superjet said:
I heard CAL mgmt is not happy with Colgan in IAH. The rumor is that SKW will be back in bed with CAL by end of 06. Keep in mind CAL came to SKW a year or 2 ago trying to nego a deal for IAH feed. Something to think about.

They came to CommutAir first! Something else to think about. :D

erj-145mech said:
Is this McPickles alter ego?

No Steve is a fine lad and all but I'm not him. We just happen to have similar admiration for the old ATR. I think anyone who has actully flown the airplane will share our enthusiasm.

Yes........no..........

Latest resources

Back