• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Condolences to all our brothers and sisters at Colgan and to family and friends of the victims of this accident.

I saw that too, but must have heard it differently than you. They talked about carb ice in general, but emphasized that Colgan was NOT a carbuerated (sp)plane. The graph for where icing could be/was I thought was excellent. Also CNN had John Wiley, very experienced USAF/airline pilot answering questions from the news anchor. So CNN's reporting wasn't that bad.

Hoser
Roll Tide!

You're right, but he said that AFTER saying it at least twice before, earlier in the day.

CNN and most media reporters are ignorant-buffoons when it comes to aviation!!!!
Condolences to the families of crew/pax.
The SPOTLIGHT will now be on Bombardier/Dehavilland,Colgan Air,which incidentally is not well liked by the crews that fly there,according to their posts on this forum,and the FAA/DOT/NTSB!!
The accident report will probably take a year on this!!
Along with politics, the economy,global warming etc,etc,etc.

Luckily for us, most of them are excellent with keeping this ignorant country up to date on Britney's latest OD or which rapper is on the run for beating up his ho(girlfriend).

A prayer goes out to everyone involved and too those that take to the skies everyday!

Fox DB just said. These aircraft have wings that take hot air that goes into the winds to make the vibrations that keeps ice from building...

W.T.F.

Ok, that made me laugh. Feeling better now.

NTSB is reporting the aircraft went out of control at the time the flaps were selected to 15.

they are also saying that they got significant ice build up WHILE the deice system was on. That would indicate a Deice Malfunction.

Fox News reported Delta's reply to approach that they saw nothing on their "T-CAST". This must be what is applied to a broken TCAS.

RIP Crew and Pax

W

they are also saying that they got significant ice build up WHILE the deice system was on. That would indicate a Deice Malfunction.

Or continued flight into known icing. I think this will be pinned on the crew barring any mechanical failures. How long until the first lawsuit?

Info from the NTSB

The crew discussed significant ice buildup on wind shield and leading edge of the wings.

Gear down one minute before end of recording

Flaps 15 which lead to severe pitch and roll changes

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back