• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the tail anti-iced automatically in the Q400 too or just the wings? In my airplane, the tail is seperate and you must remember to push the button before selecting landing flaps...easy to forget if busy.

Tail has two zones: outer horizontal and lower vertical boots (along with #2 intake) inflate together; inner horizontal and upper vertical boots (along with #1 intake) inflate together.

If the mode select is in slow or fast (as opposed to manual) all the tail boots will inflate in their proper sequence automatically. Cycle times and dwell were touched on in an earlier post.

Tail has two zones: outer horizontal and lower vertical boots (along with #2 intake) inflate together; inner horizontal and upper vertical boots (along with #1 intake) inflate together.

If the mode select is in slow or fast (as opposed to manual) all the tail boots will inflate in their proper sequence automatically. Cycle times and dwell were touched on in an earlier post.

i used to like looking over at the deice pressure gauge needle (to see fluctuations) as the green tail boot lights illuminated for peace of mind in the heavy ice conditions...... you could visually see everything else shed ice except for the tail. (opening the ditching hatch and sticking your head out to look backwards was frowned on for some reason).

Fox DB just said. These aircraft have wings that take hot air that goes into the winds to make the vibrations that keeps ice from building...

W.T.F.

move for acclamation.. DB award passes unanimously... motion carries.

next award competition "dichthead award"

I nominate hockeypilot44

Fox DB just said. These aircraft have wings that take hot air that goes into the winds to make the vibrations that keeps ice from building...

W.T.F.

That guy was a "former FAA spokesman"...he also said that he wouldn't consider icing conditions as any point in which to start an investigation. We have no idea what the cause was, but icing would definitely be one of the issues at the top of my list. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that comment from him, since he used to speak for the organization who is in charge of creating the completely inadequate standards and specifications for aircraft anti/deicing certification.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If the news media is getting things this wrong about things YOU KNOW something about, just imagine all the other reports they get wrong about things you know nothing about.
SCARY

Godspeed to the crew, customers, family, and friends.

While I do not agree with the Gulfstream way of doing things, these people were still pilots. They earned their ratings and I'm sure they were capable. There is no need to piss on their grave. Please show some respect.

Knew Marvin as well, he was a friend of mine.....terrible lost, really really sucks, dont know what happaned on this one, he was a great pilot.
Joined Colgan with very low time then worked his way tru..former Gulfstrem Airlines pilot. I also know the other guy Joe Zuffalatto (jumpsitter), aslo a good pilot, former freight dog, this guy was known in class for been a sharp guy in systems. If you had a question about systems, he will know the answer.

God be with them!!

I am very sorry for the loss of your friends. Please post any info about memorial fund for his family if/when you get it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back