COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
007 said:
DUDE, you have WWWAAAYYY to much time on your hands. Maybe I should go work for Skywest.
:D Couldn't resist, it came up on the first google search page.

And oh yeah, 21 days off this month, 86 hrs credit. Didn't use one bit of vacation. I was lucky.

Be Cool.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the least, surprised by this move by CAL. I like to think that I and others have hinted at this in the past. For the person that I think, said that this could not happen at Eagle.....I would sure hope you know something I don't. Once the likes of Freedom showed up, the groups at places like Air Whisky and Comair became targets. None of us are imune!

Some may ask, why I bring Freedom into the mix? Because that's when I believe managements around the country saw their wet dreams really come to fruitition. It really could be done! Bring these pilot groups to their knees by whipsawing and pay them what we want to pay them not what we can afford. And through loopholes and a few unethical bodies, it was all legal as well! Something I'm sure they always wanted to do, just not quite at the level they desired. What's happening at XJT is good ole classic whipsawing folks. With the threat of giving your flying to countless others unless......cannot be called anything else other that. Same could be said for Comair and whomever else could, might be next.

I say, demand agressive negotiations with CAL to keep those airplanes. Demand as a solid group for a 50/50 loss by both, management and employees of any salary loss. I don't think the battle's over yet by a long shot. CAL has been known to use the media as a threat when negotiating. Best of luck to you guys.....

dnkt said:
Screw the union they aren't going to do a thing for us!!!!!!! I hope all you Mesa and *************************s scums enjoy flying for shoot wages the rest of your lifes. Ever time im at ORD i just laugh at all you scum bags and your 8 days off a month. Usually I just laugh to myself but im going to start letting you all know what i think of you when i walk by you with my XJT badge on. Have a great day you bottom feeders.

DNKT quit blaming your problems on everyone else. Its pathetic and you just make yourself look stupid. Go laugh at the Mesa pilots who pick up the flying... attitudes like this are not going to help you. Why should a Mesa, Republic, Trans States etc employee feel any need to help you secure your job when you act this way? Besides, you chose to work there... Keep up that attitude and you can expect nothing more than employees of those companies to LAUGH out loud at you with your XJT badge as you make your way toward the unemployment line.

Ultimately, the decision for XJT to continue to operate for CAL will come down to XJT pilots. CAL already knows the rates continue to decline, and as previouly mentioned, there is always a carrier willing to do it for less.

So, the question XJT needs to ask themselves is "..how much less are you willing to fly for.."

If anything, I'd say the ball is completely in XJT's court. If you really want that flying, you'll need to lower your rate. And on a continuing basis as more planes come up for renegotiation.

Oh! And for those of you that still want to be AIRLINE PILOTS and are still in the process of obtaining your ratings, put down what you're doing and save your money! If you're in school, immediatly go see a counselor and change your major if it's aviation related and do something else! This aviation stuff is not worth your money at this point in time. Perhaps later in time but not now.

MINIME said:
Oh! And for those of you that still want to be AIRLINE PILOTS and are still in the process of obtaining your ratings, put down what you're doing and save your money! If you're in school, immediatly go see a counselor and change your major if it's aviation related and do something else! This aviation stuff is not worth your money at this point in time. Perhaps later in time but not now.

Never man.

Ive worked too hard and spent too much money to turn away now. I'm willing to make crappy pay for a few years and top out at 60-70 ish. no problem here.

Maybe some of you guys who have drank from the fountain can go else where, thats up to you. But i want a regional job. And making it a career isnt so bad.

You guys whine but you're just happy to be flying.

Well one day I want to have the privilge to whine too.

ARF III

Amish RakeFight said:
Never man.

Ive worked too hard and spent too much money to turn away now. I'm willing to make crappy pay for a few years and top out at 60-70 ish. no problem here.

Maybe some of you guys who have drank from the fountain can go else where, thats up to you. But i want a regional job. And making it a career isnt so bad.

ARF III

Don't say we never warned you.

Amish RakeFight said:
Never man.

ARF III

You are either really drunk or really trying to stir up some $hit. Either way its not the least bit funny or professional. "willling to make crappy pay and top out at 60-70k" Gimmie a friggin break, I think I'll change my first comment to read either really drunk or spoiled brat, trust fund candy a$$.

Looks like my anger management classes didnt work........again!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back