COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
Why didn't those XJT pilots get an agreement with ALPA before voting ALPA on the property. Express Jet was in the position to scope this flying and reasonably close to one list at one time.

D@mn, another contestant now enters the race for the bottom, and I'm sure others will look to nibble on XJT's flying.

What does ALPA have to do with this? If CO decides to park aircraft they own or lease, Scope, a single list, etc. will not prevent job losses. They would simply be off he bottom of the combined list.

If XJT did not negotiate good Scope clause into thier contract, it's shame on their MEC and negotiating committee, not ALPA National.

I guess they were too busy looking at eroding the Scope of the mainlines to fly more "shiny new jets" than looking behind them.

I feel thier pain - really.

Mercury said:
You are either really drunk or really trying to stir up some $hit. Either way its not the least bit funny or professional. "willling to make crappy pay and top out at 60-70k" Gimmie a friggin break, I think I'll change my first comment to read either really drunk or spoiled brat, trust fund candy a$$.

Looks like my anger management classes didnt work........again!

Im neither drunk nor trying to stir anything up. It wasntmeant to be funny or unprofessional. Yeah, like ppl around here are sooo professional.

Evryone is always talking about how crappy their pay is. They all announce it loud and clear and how terrible it is. Why not chastize them.

I AM willing to make low wages for a few years in order to top out at 60-70K/yr. Maybe by then it'll be closer to 80K.

The point being, 70 or 80 a yr, is not so awful. I work more than twice as many hours a year (55 hr. weeks) to make that kind of money now, sitting in front of a cpu. If I can work half the time and be flying, well, it doesnt seem so bad to me. You dont have to agree. But if you compklain than quit the job. What can I say.

Stay with a regional and top your pay out. If youre lucky, go on to a major.

But I know what the rules and pays are outthere, and Im willing to accept the low startign wages to eventually make high 5 figures.

Im not a spoiled brat, and I paid every cent for my ratings.

Amish RakeFight said:
Im neither drunk nor trying to stir anything up. It wasntmeant to be funny or unprofessional. Yeah, like ppl around here are sooo professional.

Evryone is always talking about how crappy their pay is. They all announce it loud and clear and how terrible it is. Why not chastize them.

I AM willing to make low wages for a few years in order to top out at 60-70K/yr. Maybe by then it'll be closer to 80K.

The point being, 70 or 80 a yr, is not so awful. I work more than twice as many hours a year (55 hr. weeks) to make that kind of money now, sitting in front of a cpu. If I can work half the time and be flying, well, it doesnt seem so bad to me. You dont have to agree. But if you compklain than quit the job. What can I say.

Stay with a regional and top your pay out. If youre lucky, go on to a major.

But I know what the rules and pays are outthere, and Im willing to accept the low startign wages to eventually make high 5 figures.

Im not a spoiled brat, and I paid every cent for my ratings.

Look. Do you understand that right after you show up, someone will undercut you if we don't stop this?

Once you've been there maybe you'll understand. But then again if you're willing to accept the staus quo and never fight to push the bar a little higher, (pay,qol), then I wish you all the best in your endevours and I hope you are happy with the results. Good luck with your choices!

You have got to be friggin kidding me!!

Amish...Buddy....

I cant talk you out of your opinion, but I can point out where you are wrong. Unless you were born with the silver spoon, you have got to be in some type of debt, and if you were born with the spoon, then congrats on your future inheritance, new car, nice home etc..
A lot of us have spent 4 years in college, and 1-2 years on flight ratings, and possibly even some military career hours.
Most people with that type of education and debt will start out at what your trying to top out at.
Inflation by the time your topped out will make 75,000 a year look like horse piS*.
Are you in your 20's? Then plan on topping out by the time your 40, and your willing to go through 20 years, 4 contracts, possible furloghs, and conutless dung reapers coming in to take your flying at half of what your willing to do it for???
Dude... Your bound to be over your SJS by the time you hit your second year in a regional. Please....Dont make the mistake of bolstering the ranks of puke regionals who are just loving the fact guys like you are willing to work 22 days a month for 20000 a year, and all with the hopes of making what you should be paid right out of school with the education you supposedly have.
Have some dignity.
GB

Everyone always references the $20,000 a year figure, yet it is only for the first couple of years. With per diem and hrs. beyondtha tguaranteed, you do much much better.

After upgrading and flying for a few more years, the pay does go up.

you make things sound so bleak, why ot leave the profession. Hopefully things will get better but asthey stand now, theyre not. Im still gonna get involved. Those who are there can complain, but they still work that job. Theres plenty of opportunites out there to make more at soemthing else. But they stay anyway.

Point is, 70=80 /yr is not so bad flying 80+ hrs a month.

I just hope our management pulls something off in the next nine months. I'll go back to repeating right rudder before I'll go pull gear for Mesa.

Sorry guys, but I have to set this guy straight. AMISH, it is obvious that you must be in your early 20's and unattached (that means married). Certainly, you don't have any children, at least, none that you have been made aware of. Let me give you a dose of reality. This $20K salary per year that you speak of... yeah its not that big a of a deal if you only have to deal with it for one year, but what if you deal with it for a year.... get furloughed.... enter next regional job.... deal with it for a year.... give concessions, then get furloughed... on to next regional job... the saga continues. I've got my 3rd child on the way in less than 3 weeks and this was my New Year's gift. I will do my job the best I can, show my passengers the best service that I can provide, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was concerned and extremely disappointed. Oh yeah, and your upgrade, well.... it is very difficult to upgrade when you have to keep starting at the bottom. Please, for the sake of all of us, wake up and think about what you are saying before you open your mouth. I am not greedy, I just want to be able to take care of my wife and children and have a good time with my fellow pilots. However, I'm afraid that, as long as their are youngsters out there willing to fly for $3/hr less than myself... my fate is sealed. Granted, maybe they can afford to do it, cuz they have no real responsibilities, other than some credit card tabs. Please, anyone else who posts on this site, think about how stupid some of the trash coming out of your mouth sounds. If what I see on this site is representative of our "quality operation", maybe I would've been better off at my charter op, or Colgan. Do your jobs and if you have something to say, say it to our company. This is not over.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back