• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think some folks are a little off here as well. XJT had first right of refusal here. We can keep the 69 aircraft and redeploy them ourselves somewhere else. I don't think this is likely personally, but it is an option. At any rate the first a/c will not leave the property until December 06. There is plenty of time for an alternative for the company and the employees.

I have had my $hit out for a while now and will continue my attempt at exodus.

This is exactly why I decided to get out of the regional business and back into engineering. Based on the lumps the legacy/major carriers were taking, it was a natural and logical progression for a trickle-down effect to hit the regional industry. As all of the "Comair is best", "ExpressJet is best" posts continued in the past, I had to shake my head and hope that what I thought was going to happen, wasn't going to happen. Unfortunately, it did.

It's unfortunate. It's a travesty. It's everything bad that is bad. Everyone can lay blame on the "bottom feeders" now, but quite honestly, the one's being applauded for raising the bar now are seemingly in a position to become the next bottom feeder of the future. For those that don't believe me, look back into the history of the regional industry. It's a cyclical industry. You're top dog today...the place that everyone respects and wants to work for. And tomorrow, you're quite the opposite.

The likes of CHQ and Mesa get a lot of flack on this board for what people view as undercutting the potential of the industry, yet they're just assuming a role that evolves naturally in this situation. Although it's difficult to accept, the regional business is just that...a business. When practically every legacy carrier is bankrupt and just barely keeping its head above water, do you really think their primary concern is completion rates and being #1 in overall customer satisfaction? No, of course not. They're interested in having a job next year, let alone tomorrow. And to have a job, they have to make money. You can't make money by losing money...or spending more money than you have.

Hopefully, this is just a scare tactic by CAL. I've got several good friends over at XJT, and they seem to think that this is just the natural start of negotiations. I tend to agree, but who knows. None of my friends there seemed to think that XJT would remain the exclusive carrier by the time the contract was next due. CAL isn't exactly a cash cow. Hopefully, XJT will ride out this storm, keep a majority of its flying for CAL, and just accept the fact that another regional doing some of its flying is just the way business is done.

What I DO know is that XJT is a quality operation...one of the best out there. And that speaks volumes. You all may lose some of your flying (or may not...who knows this early) but your reputation will allow you to pick up more flying as well. So, think about that. I don't think this news is as bad as what it initially indicates. And I still think you XJT pilots have a really good thing going, and it will continue to be so. Good luck to you all and enjoy doing a job that brings satisfaction to your life.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Hulie bids on this for Whore Jet. Wouldn't that be the perfect excuse for him to but EMB 145s on their certificate?

Seems funny. XJT and XJ were in negotiations at about the same time. XJ settled for a reasonable contract, then XJT did. Now XJ pilots are under the gun by management for concessions through an illegal bankruptcy. Look what followed! The crap is beginning at XJT. Nobody has a safe contract anymore and despite biological inpossibility, airline management will still try and squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Hang in there guys and gals, and best of luck to all the good Indy Air folks...

MM

LJDRVR said:
Good lord you're dense. I was simply trying to illustrate that we are one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and as such, we have many options regarding what we do IF 25% of our fleet goes to another operator.

What's this "our fleet" crap? You don't own any planes, CAL own them. XJT like most regionals, is a virtual airline, all you do is provide lift service to a major airline. You couldn't operate without CAL umbrella of services they provide for you.

From the CAL Q&A.
-----------------------

I have family/friends who work at XJT.?What does this mean for them?

This is a question better answered by XJT management. XJT and its employees have done a good job for us over the years; however, we believe other regional jet operators can provide the same level of service at a lower cost.
We would have preferred to have reached a long-term agreement with XJT at competitive rates, but we were unable to do so.

psysix said:
What's this "our fleet" crap? You don't own any planes, CAL own them. XJT like most regionals, is a virtual airline, all you do is provide lift service to a major airline. You couldn't operate without CAL umbrella of services they provide for you.

The a/c are subleased to XJT and it does get to decide wether or not to return the aircraft of operate them in another market.

Getting drunk as I read this... Sonsabitches.....

Well I hope theres enough attrition so that I may finally get a jet job. I hope these current RJ FO's leave to another industry so that I can finally get my big break flying a jet aircraft. I dont care about pay. I want that uniform and to be able to tell EVERYONE that im an airline pilot and got hire with so few hours. That'll really impress them.

I cant wait.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back