• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coast to Coast on 100LL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
very very cool..... i just did a similar trip in a smaller, but a lot more fun, plane :) and it was a blast

ps.. you can put your photos on picasa..

Personally I don't like Navajos, they fly too much like mini-vans. Give me a Baron any day.

Wish I could head out on a trip like that and get paid for it. Alls I get to fly anymore is a damn desk. And I don't even get a window either.

Cheers
:beer:

Why do you always do this?

Do you think it is unreasonable to assume that you would come on here to attack my professional lifestyle? You do it on a regular basis. God forbid I should try to have a decent discussion about GA flying on this forum with you poking around. Instead of clarifying your question and adjusting your demeanor, you respond to my question with an insult by insisting that I am illiterate.

Actually, I said nothing about your literacy, but your response may well bear out your own admonition that you are not literate, as clearly you can't read. Why are you defensive about your "new job?"

There's no demeanor to adjust. Deal with it.

Is this the end product then, of buying one's job at Gulfstream? You were quite vocal about defending that and the boost it gave you in the industry, before. If you are happy where you are, then more power to you...after all, you've already flown the 727 and everything the Russian air force has to offer, right? It's only natural that the next step would be a Navajo.

You do understand what it means to be illiterate, right?

I just want to kick the person's ass who put the fuel gauges on the overhead in the HO, and the fuel selectors on the floor.

UGH

I've done that trip a couple of times in the mighty 402. East-west and back. Once took a C model up into the 20's going east.
Unfortunatly, it was always in a rush, did not take the time to truly enjoy the sights. Wish I had.

Hung

(and did make the "full" route. CRQ to LEW. Well that was 20 miles from the Atlantic, close 'nuff!)

Ditto Russian. After years of flying exclusively military turboprops, I solo'd a freakin LA-27T from SBA to TPA this past spring. Awesome experience. Three days and eighteen hours later I was a much better pilot.

Got some interesting comments/looks from the FBOs in AZ and TX when I taxied the boat in.

Actually, I said nothing about your literacy, but your response may well bear out your own admonition that you are not literate, as clearly you can't read.
Main Entry:il·lit·er·ate Pronunciation: \(ˌ)i(l)-ˈli-t(ə-)rət\ Function:adjective 1: having little or no education ; especially : unable to read or write <an illiterate population>

Why are you defensive about your "new job?"
I'm not. I actually enjoy flying, instead of sitting behind an autopilot. I'm only being defensive about your insinuation that this job is something "lower" than holding a position in a 727.

There's no demeanor to adjust. Deal with it.
Keep telling yourself that, buddy.

Is this the end product then, of buying one's job at Gulfstream?
This is exactly what I am talking about. This statement takes your original insinuation just a little bit farther. It is not difficult to see that you are attempting to belittle me. And by the way, I didn't buy my job anywhere.

You were quite vocal about defending that and the boost it gave you in the industry, before.
I never defended a "boost" that "it gave me". I just defended the people who were there alongside me who you insisted on insulting regularly. There were no shortcuts in my career and I have no regrets.

If you are happy where you are, then more power to you...after all, you've already flown the 727 and everything the Russian air force has to offer, right? It's only natural that the next step would be a Navajo.
See above. This insult was your intent all along. You enjoy this a bit too much, avroach. For the life of me, I cannot understand why you can't be civil with me.

You do understand what it means to be illiterate, right?
Kidding?

Avbug,

Why don't you come right out and say exactly what your problem with me is? And please, don't avoid this question as you do with every other question I have asked you in the past.

Latest resources

Back