• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coast to Coast on 100LL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've done that trip a couple of times in the mighty 402. East-west and back. Once took a C model up into the 20's going east.
Unfortunatly, it was always in a rush, did not take the time to truly enjoy the sights. Wish I had.

Hung

(and did make the "full" route. CRQ to LEW. Well that was 20 miles from the Atlantic, close 'nuff!)
It counts!

When I was at Amerijet, I got to fly with your friend JF. He was a hoot and very enjoyable to fly with.

Ditto Russian. After years of flying exclusively military turboprops, I solo'd a freakin LA-27T from SBA to TPA this past spring. Awesome experience. Three days and eighteen hours later I was a much better pilot.

Got some interesting comments/looks from the FBOs in AZ and TX when I taxied the boat in.
Yes, the experience was invaluable. Hopefully it will be the first of many. I am hoping for my company to expand into some international flying/jobs.

There were no shortcuts in my career and I have no regrets.
Clearly there were no shortcuts. That much is obvious. Painfully obvious. But it's good you have no regrets.

In fact, with all that soviet experience, you should be grateful. It's been a fruitful and adventurous path to the Navajo.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why you can't be civil with me.
For similiar reasons why one disciplines a puppy for urinating on the rug, or a child for putting her hand in the blender. You're somewhat in the same boat as NW Pilot, really. The difference is that there's some measure of hope for you. Be grateful.

Cool trip! I remember a few years a go my first (and only GA) coast to coast trip. It was a C172 from Sacramento to Tampa FL (then on to Denmark). I wish I still had the time to do it now!

Fly safe

No, I'm not in Hawaii, presently. I heard you were coming, and left. It's just safer, that way.

Hopefully you didn't have to pay for the gas! Years ago I did a trip like that. Got tired of the same old airports/scenery in the local area.

Went HEF-CRW-MEM-ADS-RBD-GRK-DMN-SAN-Grand Canyon/Lake Powell/Monument Valley tour-FMN-PUB-Low pass at the yet unopened DEN-OMA-MDW-HEF all VFR but then that was the whole point, to see different parts of the country. Probably THE trip that kept me from burning out as a CFI. That was back when flying for fun was a LOT cheaper!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back