• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO IRO's in coach?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, the company doesn't credit the first 10 hrs. of DH toward your line value, allowing them to work you more.

Meaning that you can still have a line built with pbs that meets the line value range(ex. 77.5-86.5) for a given month because the first 10 hours of DH will not count towards that number. The pilot would get paid for it though. Just didn't want to confuse anyone who might believe we DH for free. We did that in 2005(50% DH pay as part of the concession).

What part of it?

Yes, if you are a DH'ing to IRO a flight you can find yourself in the back.

Yes, if you are an IRO, CA, or FO, working a flight you can find the crew rest in the back. It will then be a row of three seats alone.

The progression in all of these is Business First; then best to worst of the coach seats assignments.

Some flights you are almost always in coach; EWR-HNL 90%, EWR-ATH maybe 30% of the time, Europe I see coach about 20%, etc, etc.

That really is terrible. I hope you give your new CEO the SHAFT in negotiations. And, why don't you allow newhires to get insurance too while you are at it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I bet we'll have health insurance for our new hires long before you eliminate 70 seat jets from your regional fleet.

I thought the lastest QandA email about the healthcare reform that just past stated that the reform made it so there was no waiting period now?

I bet we'll have health insurance for our new hires long before you eliminate 70 seat jets from your regional fleet.

Toooche. And then you can get rid of your "armpit" bases, get a decent wage, find some work rules, and stop the outsourcing of your 735s in the NE to Dash-8-400s. Good luck with all of that. But hey, you are the number 1 airline in NJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I thought the lastest QandA email about the healthcare reform that just past stated that the reform made it so there was no waiting period now?

I haven't read Employee Bulletin No. 7 yet, so I really can't respond. If that's what it says though, I guess my previous post was fairly accurate then ;-)

Last edited:
Toooche. And then you can get rid of your "armpit" bases, get a decent wage, find some work rules, and stop the outsourcing of your 735s in the NE to Dash-8-400s. Good luck with all of that. But hey, you are the number 1 airline in NJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

All good points, except that we're #1 in New York too ;-).

All good points, except that we're #1 in New York too ;-).

Really? You are number 1 and you only have 10 or so flights out of LGA, and maybe a couple at JFK? Wow, that is FANTASTIC if that is so. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really? You are number 1 and you only have 10 or so flights out of LGA, and maybe a couple at JFK? Wow, that is FANTASTIC if that is so. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

My point exactly. We have a handful of flights out of LGA, none out of JFK, yet we're still #1 in the NY market. And as far as the "armpit" bases that you mentioned earlier, I didn't realize that Memphis, Detroit, and Atlanta were so enviable. I guess I missed the memo ;-).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back