• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO IRO's in coach?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next question for the CAL guys (others feel free to give their contract/policy)

Assuming your deadheading to Europe with a full crew of 3 pilots and a full flight attendant crew, what is the seat assignment priority for a full crew if just a few First or Business class seats are available and the rest in coach?

If you just worked a flight over and now are deadheading home... It's the CA and then it's pass travel date... Have fun in the middle seat coming home if you are DH back from a military charter... Even with my express travel date of 97 the FA's still had 15-20 years on me...

IAHERJ/BID... How do you drink the coolaid while this Pilot group still has pilots that pickup JM flights with 147 on the street... Good luck in trying to win the Ford Bronco!!! I enjoy my time off... Wake up, this is just a job!

Last edited:
If you just worked a flight over and now are deadheading home... It's the CA and then it's pass travel date... Have fun in the middle seat coming home if you are DH back from a military charter... Even with my express travel date of 97 the FA's still had 15-20 years on me...

IAHERJ/BID... How do you drink the coolaid while this Pilot group still has pilots that pickup JM flights with 147 on the street... Good luck in trying to win the Ford Bronco!!! I enjoy my time off... Wake up, this is just a job!

He asked about DH over to Europe to work a flight the next day. The order I mentioned is correct. As usual, you have re worded the situation to find a weakness in our contract. You are correct about deadheading back from an assignment. That completely sucks but the FA's negotiated that and we will have to fix that to. Deadheading TO an assignment goes CA, FO, FA's in seniority order. And I think that Express board date BS is crap for DH btw...Should be seniority order, not that it comes into play much.

As for picking up JM flights, not me. I have a line value this month of around 38 hours after dropping a LIM and having VRF. Next month I bid a VRF again so don't come at me with this crap. I do my part and am not drinking any koolaid. I just present facts. You do as well. I just chose not to dwell on every negative aspect of our contract on this site like you do. Believe me when I say that my standard for voting "yes" on any TA is very high. No go dust off your resume so you can bail as soon as DAL starts hiring.

Captain, first officer, IRO, then flight attendants in seniority order.

MUST BE NICE!

At AA it is whoever shows up first. You can check in 24hrs prior and put yourself on the upgrade list. You know what happens next. 65 year old Edith calls up her chummy gate agent friends, and next thing you know, the CA, FO and IRO are in coach middle seats while Her Witchiness and 5 of her pals are in First - even though the pilots were checking in RIGHT AT 24hrs prior.

Glad you guys at least have that going for you. Hope you fix all the other stuff!

Latest resources

Back