• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO IRO's in coach?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point exactly. We have a handful of flights out of LGA, none out of JFK, yet we're still #1 in the NY market. And as far as the "armpit" bases that you mentioned earlier, I didn't realize that Memphis, Detroit, and Atlanta were so enviable. I guess I missed the memo ;-).

Ok, a few of the bases at DL are not great, but the rest are. All of your current bases could be considered "armpits." But, I wonder if you would like to have a few other additional bases, like DEN, SFO, LAX, ORD, and IAD? If that happens, you might be out of a job, period. Maybe you want to just keep your 3 bad ones and keep it at that. Good idea.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Toooche. And then you can get rid of your "armpit" bases, get a decent wage, find some work rules, and stop the outsourcing of your 735s in the NE to Dash-8-400s. Good luck with all of that. But hey, you are the number 1 airline in NJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Our 767 drivers would take a paycut to work under your wages. Our contract expired in 2008 so we have had no annual raises for almost 2 years now. Don't act like your rates are that much better. Our bases will be a heck of a lot better than yours after our merger.....

You think we don't already know where we need to improve? Seriously, you act as if Delta has everything in order. What I and others have pointed out(in a sarcastic manner) is that there are areas we all should look to improve upon. We know, and have known for years now where our weaknesses lie at CAL. It has been well documented here on Flightinfo. I am not defending the actions of CAL and or the union/pilots that voted in the concessionary contract we are working under. What I'm saying is that we are working towards greatly improving on the things that constantly get brought up on this forum(no insurance for 6 months, 30K first year pay, 757/767 rest area, pbs issues). Up until our management brought us an offer of your complete contract, plus 1%, I held the Delta contract in high esteem. Taking a closer look, I don't think that would even be close to what I expect from my union/pilot group. The scope issue being the no vote before even touching on the other issues like vacation accrual and lack of a descent retirement package. Our retirement proposal made to the company was actually pretty impressive. Maybe you guys should look at such a thing in your next contract.

ByeBye,

IAHERJ

BTW, CAL is the #1 altitude violator in Europe. Flt Ops trys to tell us it's our own fault (for not calling out "inches" after transition level). I think it is clearly due to the fact that our crews are the most fatigued in the world right now. It is my understanding that we're the only airline who deadheads the IRO on the way over. So you've been flying all night. Right at the moment of max fatigue, the arrival phase, your IRO is sleeping in back. Everyone else works the IRO both ways from what I hear.

This is a huge safety issue. Of course the flying pilots are exausted. The only pilot that feels desent is in the back!! There is no doubt in my mind you are correct in assuming lack of rest is the probem with altitude deviations. That is a rediculous policy.

I am still envious of your scope though!! (rj's)

Although not a safety issue, sitting in a Delta Connection first class seat with a first class meal has it's issues! but everything is perfect at Delta.

You can call us the number one airline in NJ, but the customers come across the river to fly on us. That is what really matters.

and not to make excuses about our contract, but Continental has gone through two bankruptcies. Look how fast Delta caved on scope in bankruptcy court. Can you imagine a second one!

Our 767 drivers would take a paycut to work under your wages. Our contract expired in 2008 so we have had no annual raises for almost 2 years now. Don't act like your rates are that much better.

wrong! you are looking at payrates only...

Delta's 767 12 year guys make about 20% more than CAL's 767 12 year guys plus delta's Quantity of life is way above CAL's Quantity of life... WHY WORKRULES

wrong! you are looking at payrates only...

Delta's 767 12 year guys make about 20% more than CAL's 767 12 year guys plus delta's Quantity of life is way above CAL's Quantity of life... WHY WORKRULES

He said "why don't you get some descent payrates". I responded based on payrates. He should have said work rules.

Somebody please write this guy a letter of recommendation so we can be done with his constant negativity.

Next question for the CAL guys (others feel free to give their contract/policy)

Assuming your deadheading to Europe with a full crew of 3 pilots and a full flight attendant crew, what is the seat assignment priority for a full crew if just a few First or Business class seats are available and the rest in coach?

He said "why don't you get some descent payrates". I responded based on payrates. He should have said work rules.

Somebody please write this guy a letter of recommendation so we can be done with his constant negativity.

I know! Can you imagine flying with this guy. What I don't understand is why he took the job to begin with. Delta turned him down?

Latest resources

Back