• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Express "on-time" but lands at WRONG airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm confused. Colgan is (at least used to be) Continental Connection. The Saabs seat approx. 34. How do you guys know it's Colgan and NOT Continental Express (whoever flies for them) from IAH? Unless I missed it, the article didn't mention Colgan. :confused:

I'm confused. Colgan is (at least used to be) Continental Connection. The Saabs seat approx. 34. How do you guys know it's Colgan and NOT Continental Express (whoever flies for them) from IAH? Unless I missed it, the article didn't mention Colgan. :confused:

Hmmm... good point; I see ExpressJet does one of the segments tomorrow; all the rest are Colgan. So there is a possibility.

But unless the jet flight was running way late, the "after 10pm" flight is a Colgan Saab 340.

Last edited:
What happened to the moving map?
Are you trying to imply the moving map is the key figure to avoid landing at a wrong airport? Plenty of pilots have taken off and landed at their intended destinations without the FMS, and without moving maps.

How about tuning in the ILS?

In a Colgan Saab? :laugh:

How is a Saab a 48 passenger plane there genius? Got some Saab 2000's on the property all of the sudden?

Fubi is right, ILS or any other nav aid works. I had some idiot try this on me one dark night...and the ILS saved my bacon...and his too. Of course he had me call approach and tell them 'we' had the wrong airport. Guy was a tool. Eventually got canned for other things, thank God.

RF

Are you trying to imply the moving map is the key figure to avoid landing at a wrong airport? Plenty of pilots have taken off and landed at their intended destinations without the FMS, and without moving maps.

Key feature? No, but an awfully big one! I have no idea how other pilots have landed at the wrong airport in an Airbus, etc. Nav aids, Nav map, and visual confirmation. YMMV

Latest resources

Back