• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO 737 off runway in DEN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I call a burning aircraft something a little different than a "minor mishap". But then again, I have been accused of being overly sensitive.

If the man had said "it was like a nightmare" or "something out of a bad dream" would you feel more comfortable?

I think the term surreal is absolutely appropriate and indicates no lack of professionalism whatsoever.

How many burning aircraft have you witnessed?

I, thankfully, have never witnessed any, and I bet these fella's hadn't either.

YKMKR

Didn't your hat burn up when the DC-10 burned to the ground in Chicago?

Below is a comment made by one of you experts.
Moron. Morons. All of them. STFU.
Scary, if that imbecile really does teach students to fly. Another 20 years and I won't fly as a pax anymore.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=106332&catid=339
cheifpilot wrote:
Ok this is rare for me to comment but, to all the other Pilots out there. After V1 you continue!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully you will get to V2 and then rotate. Stoping after passing V1 (the decision speed for all non pilots) is sure to end in a major accident. Yes I teach Pilots to fly and I would have my students ass, if they reject or attempt to reject take-off after V1. I dont care if the engine falls off, you still continue. Even if both powerplants fail you still attempt the take off and put it down somewhere you determine safe within the "captian" breifing prior to take off roll.
12/21/2008 10:24 AM PST on 9news.com

I don't care who you are. If both of your engines fail after V1, you gotta continue!

With all of the spelling errors and the complete lack of intelligence, there is no doubt in my mind that "cheifpilot" is a member of FlightInfo.

I don't care who you are. If both of your engines fail after V1, you gotta continue!

With all of the spelling errors and the complete lack of intelligence, there is no doubt in my mind that "cheifpilot" is a member of FlightInfo.

Hahahaha. Very true. Now the fun part of guessing who it is begins.

He can't even spell "cheif" correctly.

Well, I did give him the benefit of the doubt on that one, thinking maybe "chief.." was already taken.

My posts were removed, not surprisingly; I think what did it, is my offer for free a$$beatings to all morons in front of the Pepsi Center.

Man, this MS Flt. Sim generation is one scary bunch of "your captains of tomorrow". Like I've said before, in 15-20 years from now I don't think I'll be flying as a passenger anymore.

Lucky that this happened in DIA. Most airports do not have all that flat open space around the Rwy's. This could have been alot worse, with many deaths had this happened at some other airport. The plane is way off the runway and was lucky enough to have no obstacles in its way.

M

Latest resources

Back