• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO 737 off runway in DEN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone want to bet CAL will start a furlough of 10 pilots as a result of this hull loss?

Not true... ATA did something similar with one of the L10's back when didn't they. It's worth more money if it burns.

J\J

glad all were safe

Actually DIA has an awesome fire dept. I have had a few things happen and they were there in no time. They get the DIA job because they are senior so they have already done the normal stuff on the street. These DIA guys are/were always very quick to respond and ready to deal with what ever is thrown at them. Calling it Surreal is what it was. It was real, not practice. Like all pilots train, but never have that engine failure, yet when you do it is "surreal". I know, I have had one. It was "surreal" forsure! Really, how many firefighters have blazing fires of fuel with a hundred people scattering all over in the dark at night, try not to run them over on the way to the plane to put out the fire, and have to figure out that mess too. It doesn't happen that often. Thank goodness. These guys did an AWESOME JOB! As for the crew, we will see. Those runways were GOOD braking. Windshear shouldn't be enough to blow that size a plane off the runway if the pilots did add the correction. We will see what the NTSB says. Either way, glad no one was hurt, crew evacuated quickly, and did a pretty good job. Those bumps was the plane hitting two elevated service roads that are pretty elevated. That is what tore the plane apart. Otherwise, it is pretty flat.

Please pray for the crew and thier families as well as those who were injured. It could have been much worse.

20081221__PLANE_CRASH_HRA~p1_500.jpg

Latest resources

Back